Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Do you always have to pay inside at Truck stops?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Do you always have to pay inside at Truck stops?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/22 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This may be a silly question and forgive me if it's been asked and answered before. Do you always have to go inside to pay at truck stops? Being my first diesel (my other RV's were gas MH's) I find it easier just to use truck stops instead of trying to navigate a regular gas station pulling the FW. But the card reader obviously doesn't work for non-commercial drivers. I've looked at memberships and reward cards but it still seems like these only offer a discount but you still have to go in and pay. Not a huge deal, but is there a way for non commercial drivers to just pay at the pump? And what other benefits are there for a card with Flying J, Pilot etc? Is it worth having a card with all of them?

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/22 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No , you have to join Pacific Pride to get a fuel card, then you just use your fuel card. Go on line to get a list and map of all the Pacific Pride stations.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/22 05:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MarkTwain wrote:

No , you have to join Pacific Pride to get a fuel card, then you just use your fuel card. Go on line to get a list and map of all the Pacific Pride stations.

I've never seen or heard of Pacific pride and I can't get their map to work.

I always see Pilot and Flying J, are they affiliated with their network?

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/22 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I found the Pilot RV plus program through Good Sam. Discounts on fuel at Pilot and Flying J and it seems you can pay at the pump.

Anyone else have this?

Pilot RV Plus

Roger10378

Goodrich, MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/22 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pilot Flying J have a RV card. It is thru Good Sam Club. There is a few cents per gallon discount. It is used just like a credit card but is paid in full each month.

2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/22 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forget the darn card and use your Costco Visa or something that gives you good points on fuel.

Pull up look at pump number. Send spouse inside and she will tell them the dollar amount not to exceed and your pump number. They will turn on your pump. she will do her thing, women love to shop.

Once you are done call her let it ring twice and hangup, This will let her know to pay. You will pull forward at that time wait for her. If you need DEF have her say so and dollar amount.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/22 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Forget the darn card and use your Costco Visa or something that gives you good points on fuel.

Pull up look at pump number. Send spouse inside and she will tell them the dollar amount not to exceed and your pump number. They will turn on your pump. she will do her thing, women love to shop.

Once you are done call her let it ring twice and hangup, This will let her know to pay. You will pull forward at that time wait for her. If you need DEF have her say so and dollar amount.

Yes, I am starting to think there isn't much to be gained by jumping through hoops and paying an annual membership fee just to pay at the pump. I get great points back on my Discover and only takes a minute to send the wife or son in to get the pump started. At the Pilot I used during last week's trip, I only had to go in once. She said whatever was not used from being authorized would just be credited back so no need to come back inside. Easy.

BurbMan

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/22 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Man that is a well-oiled machine....I wish we were that organized!

PamfromVA

Bedford County, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/22 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVers can apply for EFS fuel card.

2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2017 Dodge Ram 3500
One DH
two very spoiled camping dogs

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/22 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Paying for fuel----
I agree, having to go inside to the store to get the pump turned on and then having to go back to pay is a pain in the rear end[emoticon] Not my choice.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Do you always have to pay inside at Truck stops?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.