cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Printing Success Story

NCMike
Explorer
Explorer
The jack covers on our 2014 Lance 865 had gotten very brittle and I broke one of them when I was washing the camper. After an exhaustive search, I was not able to find any OEM replacement covers for the Atwood jacks. I found someone on Etsy that offered 3d printing services and I was able to have him print/create an entire set of new jack covers for not much more than one OEM replacement cover.
OEM:

3D printed:

There is a crack in the bottom part of the 3D part. I tried to stretch it around the jack when it was very cold, I am certain if I had warmed up the plastic it would not have split.
7 REPLIES 7

NCMike
Explorer
Explorer
I'm happy to share the contact information via PM for the person that made mine for me-no affiliation.

Could you share that info please, I need a cover also

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Good job. I think I'm going to do the same for my 2004 Lance 815 manual jacks. Want to redesign it so the pin is protected from the weather too.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

NCMike
Explorer
Explorer
I did not, but the part numbers were not the same.

Bedlam
Did you try to cross fit any of the Atwood tongue jack covers?

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice!! I just found a guy on Etsy that does stainless work and had him do some custom stainless trim for our range hood. Great resource!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Very cool. Mine are original, but so far they are holding on.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member