cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Door lock not working with either FOB

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
2019 Allegro RED 37BA. Entry door stopped working with both fobs. It started working again for about 24 hours then stopped again. Before I tear into it, is there a battery inside or is it hardwired? I could not see any wires from a cursory look. 12v is working.
6 REPLIES 6

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Your problem is probably the door electrical contacts on the door frame. Two small silver square contact plates. Clean then with alcohol, and retry the FOB's.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If they both stopped working, I suspect the problem is at the door itself. You can test the FOB batteries simple enough. Testing the actuator is another thing. If the interior push button works, then it's in the transmission sensor of the actuator.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Fobs have a power source inside that can get too low to power the doors. This can become confusing especially when both fob's batteries start to fail at the same time. Usually the first suggestion is to replace the fobs' battery as that's the easiest and cheapest fix (not to mention you now have to new batteries so wont have to worry abut it for a long time).

Next is to power down the RV completely (remove all power sources) and bring it back up. This may result in the auto lock/unlock with fob system to reboot. I know someone who had a similar issue and it was all due to the way they had turned their vehicle ignition accessory on and off (not starting the vehicle) and it put the fob learn system into engage. The vehicle kept waiting for a new fob to be learned so it didn't work properly until the reset.

You can also find out where the fobs' receiver to the system is located and make sure you have nothing on, over or around it that could be causing sporadic blockage of the signal. On my POV, I always thought the receiver was in the dash or the infotainment system but it turned out it was actually up by the rear view mirror overhead console to maximize reception. Fortunately it was under warranty and the issue I had was caused by an electronic entry tag mounted at the same location.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are many things that can mess up radio systems
Is there a key you can use? I know the fob for my car has a key inside it. pull a latch, remove key,unlock the door the old fashion way.. I also have a 2nd key in case some idiot drops the fob inside the car and locks the door (They won't power/auto lock if the key fob is in the ignition but they will if I drop it on the floor)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
There is a large solar event happening on 2022 03 14 and 15
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Bob_Olallawa
Explorer
Explorer
you anywhere near a navy base and they are testing their radar systems? screwed ours up a few times
Welcome to my home, that door you just broke down was there for your protection not mine.