cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold fridge..green light blinking every ten seconds or so

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
Standard-issue Norcold RV fridge...runs on either battery & propane, or shore power...
Switch has three positions: (left) 'automatic' (senses whether on shore power or battery/opts for shore power when hooked up) // (center) 'off' // (right) 'gas'

Panel has two lights: A green light (when operating on any source) and, below that, an amber light (when operating on propane---lights up in conjunction with the green light)
'
On our trip this past weekend, the green light started blinking, once, every ten seconds or so.

The site we were on was slightly unlevel side-to-side...the issue seemed to go away when, as a test, I ran in on propane on a level street when we got home

Am I good? Was this issue connected with a levelling problem?
Thx in advance
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control
8 REPLIES 8

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer

Here is the fault code page from the manual. There isn't a fault that produces what you have observed. Sorry.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
Norcold
model N611LT
Input 1420 BTUH
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
It appears, like so many others before him, out OP has disappeared.

Our Travel Blog

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bob, I think this is a standard absorption fridge that runs on 120 or gas. It "runs" on gas but needs battery power to operate the board and the spark to ignite the gas when needed. Years ago there were 12 volt fridges and I am assuming this is not what he has. Today they have electric only fridges but since this is a gas/electric fridge, he doesn't have one of those either.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just to be clear , your refrig requires battery power to work on gas but it will not run on battery power alone !

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
There should be a model number on the fridge somewhere. Maybe on a sticker on the door. When you find that add it here and we will be able to help better.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
How out of level were you? That’s one of the RV basics.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
It might be better if you tell us the model number. As an example, the standard issue Norcold 1200LRIM has letters and words that light up on the control panel.

Our Travel Blog