cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Succor creek Oregon

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone stay around this remote eastern, Oregon area with a RV? Any recommendation were to stay and to have water and electricity?
Chuck
2 REPLIES 2

SteveAE
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed there a couple times. Very pretty. About as close to S. Utah as you can get in terms of scenery in Oregon.
There is no water or power provided.
You can stay in the campground proper or outside it along the road.
There are other dispersion possibilities in the area as well.
It does get hot in the summer and the road can be muddy after a rain.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Ten years ago I visited the area and stayed for a couple of nights. The area is beautiful, remote, and primitive. Boondocked one night on a hilltop which required 4WD and one night at the Leslie Gulch primitive BLM camp. I remember a scary drive along a one-lane shelf road heading north toward Succor Creek.

Here is info from the website for Succor Creek State Natural Area:
" Succor Creek State Natural Area lies in a deep, rocky canyon and is a remote haven for rock hounds and wildlife watchers. Limited souvenir collecting by rock hounds is permitted in the park. A rough 15 mile dirt road leads from Oregon 201 to the park, which has primitive camping and day-use areas along both side of the creek. No water is available.

The Succor Creek Bridge is open to vehicles for access to the campsites on the east side of the creek (right/south of the bridge). The road to the left/north of the bridge is not safe for vehicular travel."

Photos in a Campendium review show a 32 Class C at Succor Creek campground. Those folks probably brought their own water and electricity.

There is an RV park with hookups in Jordan Valley. I know nothing about it, but you could call them for info. Stay there and explore with your tow vehicle? https://sunnyridgerv.com/

Enjoy your trip!
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed