cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-75 at Chattanooga

M_R_E_
Explorer
Explorer
Is there still a backup on north bound I-75 going from Georgia into Tennsssee ? Is the construction finished?
toolmaker
7 REPLIES 7

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
texasjayco wrote:
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I could use some help from the Chatt locals please.

We will be going to Cloudland SP in early June, coming from Boone, NC area.
We're pulling a 36ft 5th wheel with a dually.

Google maps says to take IHs 75 to 24 to 59 and exit to hwy 136. It looks like that takes you over a pretty good pass.
Is this advisable with camper?
Anyone have a better route?

Thanks so much!!

Mark

That is the best way, traffic on I-24 will suck. But you will see much worse grades coming out of Boone and up GA-136 to the park, than on the interstate

For the OP. Construction is done. I-75 straight thru usually isn't to bad. Most backups on I-75 are from I-24 west. Stay out of the right lane as you approach the area, unless you are going west on I-24. Left 3 lanes are I-75, I-24 exits to the right. This is especially true north bound.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I could use some help from the Chatt locals please.

We will be going to Cloudland SP in early June, coming from Boone, NC area.
We're pulling a 36ft 5th wheel with a dually.

Google maps says to take IHs 75 to 24 to 59 and exit to hwy 136. It looks like that takes you over a pretty good pass.
Is this advisable with camper?
Anyone have a better route?

Thanks so much!!

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
M.R.E. wrote:
Is there still a backup on north bound I-75 going from Georgia into Tennsssee ? Is the construction finished?

You can open Google Maps and turn on the traffic layer.
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

M_R_E_
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks ken56, that's the way I came down and that's the way I will go home.
toolmaker

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
You may be able to find a traffic camera for that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
If continuing on 75 it seems to be moving better. Was through there on Friday afternoon and we made good progress on 75 to that point. We were getting on 24 which was its usual mess all the way through to the 59 split.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I believe it is done but Chatt is always on the busy side. I haven't been that way yet this year but will be the end of April. You can bypass Chatt if you exit 75 at Dalton and go east about 2 miles and pick up Cleveland HWY. It's a 2 lane rd. but I have pulled my 37 ft. trailer on it and was fine. That will take you to Cleveland and hook back up with 75. PLUS it doesn't have that long uphill grade like 75 does. Use Google maps or Waze. (former michigander here)