cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Game controller for 8-year-old granddaughter-- Windows base

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I am not tech savvy. I'm 86 years old and my 8-year-old great-granddaughter wants to play games on my Windows 10 based laptop. I assume I need to purchase a game controller. I looked online and most of the game controllers are for Xbox. Since this is our first Venture into games I don't want to spend a ton of money for a fancy controller. Your suggestions are welcome.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
3 REPLIES 3

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Depending on the game, you should have mouse. If your laptop has Bluetooth this is a nice model at a reasonable price. Choice if colors !

Microsoft wireless mouse

My DD only has only one game where she found that it was easier with a mouse rather then the laptop touch pad. For everything else, she uses the keyboard letters/numbers which is what most gamers do.

But, if one is coming from the game "console" side of gaming they will be more comfortable with a standard console gaming controller.

However, I should also mention, some games are super intense on the graphics and most laptops are configured with only the basic graphics controller hardware which does severely limit the speed and quality of the games and in some cases the game may not be playable at all.

When I bought the laptop for my DDs education, gaming was not on the top of the list so I didn't specifically order a gaming laptop.. She has run into some games that won't load or play and some games that will load and play extremely slow and some games that are happy as is..

Gaming laptops are designed ground up with high performance video card with faster GPU and more memory instead of the standard default video card and GPU. Typically on laptops you are not able change that after the fact.. This is the reason most hard core gamers use desktop PCs, with those they can add in a high performance video card or as needed to replace a slower video card with a newer one..

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the game, you should have mouse. If your laptop has Bluetooth this is a nice model at a reasonable price. Choice if colors !

Microsoft wireless mouse

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
A lot of times gamers just use the PC keyboard, there will be specific letter/number buttons for specific features.. But they do make game console controller devices for USB..

LOGITECH 310 for $17 , it is a wired USB game controller.

Should note, this one states XP, but in the reviews someone mentioned works with Win10

Amazon search..

HERE

Internet search..

HERE