Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need genrator help?

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer

FYI....

For anyone in the Seattle area we have a great generator tech named Chuck. He's in Auburn, Wa. He agreed to come out to me (Renton-Highlands) and diagnose my Onan Microquiet 4K which would only run if I hold the start button.

I initially checked with a volt meter some pins and narrowed the issue down to either a bad control board or voltage regulator. When Chuck showed up he threw his Flight Systems G-Man 360 on it and within 5 min bingo...bad voltage regulator.

The voltage regulator that was on it had been replaced back in 7/11 with a Flight Systems 305. I was leaning at it being a bad control board.

1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
P-30 chassis 7.4L 454 TBI 58,301 miles and counting....(as of 06/08/19)
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System Generator man 360 (PM me)
2 REPLIES 2

Eevie
Explorer
Explorer

Ya, he's not as great as you think. He "fixed" ours, we went on vacation, it went out, and my other died of heat exhaustion on the way home. True fact.

@Eevie wrote:

Ya, he's not as great as you think. He "fixed" ours, we went on vacation, it went out, and my other died of heat exhaustion on the way home. True fact.

We could use more information here. Your "Other What" If you are knocking a company, you should give us more information on what you call fact.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29