Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: On the road observations
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> On the road observations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/22 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Nobody is slowing down on the freeways.

It does save gas. My trip down to lake Oconee I did 60-65 where I could. Made it on one tank, about 30 gallons worth. On the way back I did 55 mostly. Same route and nothing different but the speed. There was about 3-4 gallons difference. Yep, not that much savings but just proof it does save gas. Not very scientific but just my observation.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/22 04:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ken56 wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Nobody is slowing down on the freeways.

It does save gas. My trip down to lake Oconee I did 60-65 where I could. Made it on one tank, about 30 gallons worth. On the way back I did 55 mostly. Same route and nothing different but the speed. There was about 3-4 gallons difference. Yep, not that much savings but just proof it does save gas. Not very scientific but just my observation.

Yes, it certainly does save gas, but please don't drive 55 on an interstate where the flow of traffic is at 70+. Don't become a hazard. Do what we do, and stick with the scenic, and slower, US and state highways. It becomes a win-win.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/22 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here in Oregon last week was spring break. If it was spring break where you live then full CG's would be the norm. Wait another week.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/22 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Myrtle Beach is a spring break destination and the campgrounds were 1/2 empty all week+ 2 weekends we were there. It kind of like the RV shortage, really! I have been all over the East coast in the past year or so and every lot I passed was full. So where is this shortage?

John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/22 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

House prices are up as is the equity market. People still feel rich. It’ll be awhile till they realize what’s goin on in the economy and how it’s affecting them.

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/22 09:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This brings back memories of the 70s inflation gas lines and 55MPH national speed limit that lasted a long time along with sweaters. I actually missed all this as I was living in SE Asia flying commercial helicopters all over. No pain for me. YEP may happen again. People will spend more money faster thinking prices will continue to rise and this of course is like the dog chasing its tail. Faster and faster with ever increasing prices is definition of runaway inflation then leading to

BA Finance & Tax Accounting, Former SEC CFP, Army Guard and civilian Pilot to Texas Governors, etc. etc.

[image]

* This post was edited 03/30/22 06:40am by NamMedevac 70 *

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/22 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

Myrtle Beach is a spring break destination and the campgrounds were 1/2 empty all week+ 2 weekends we were there. It kind of like the RV shortage, really! I have been all over the East coast in the past year or so and every lot I passed was full. So where is this shortage?

Everywhere but the east coast. Guessing thats because all the RV's are made in Indiana. I drive by a dealer that carries Grand Design and Jayco and a couple other brands. The lot is packed to the gills. But if you go online and look at new inventory they have very little. They have a few of some models but not the normal stock amount. Same with the other dealers in my area. If you pick a brand and model and scroll down the online list most only have a few in stock with the rest on order. Even the big CW dealer 70 miles south is low on lot stock.
https://www.businessinsider.com/winnebag........at-maker-has-a-44-billion-backlog-2022-3

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/22 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

but please don't drive 55 on an interstate where the flow of traffic is at 70+.
Traffic flows around me and the trucks (in the right lane) just fine. No way I'm towing at 70+.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/22 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best towing speed is whats comfortable for you. Not what someone else thinks is right or wrong.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/22 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

Best towing speed is whats comfortable for you. Not what someone else thinks is right or wrong.

Unless one's skill and comfort level is not commensurate with the task they're trying to perform. In which case, a nice midsize sedan and a credit card that works at any hotel is the best solution for both the driver in question and everyone else that is passing them! LOL

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> On the road observations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.