Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: On the road observations
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> On the road observations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Wade44

Ohio Farm Country

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

ferndaleflyer wrote:

The local lots full of every kind of RV are not already sold. They are waiting for the next fish to swim in. As I have said before I have been all over the East and the lots are full.

As I said come out west.

Out of curiosity if I pull up a random Camping World near Los Angeles CA I see 149 units "in stock" with listed "stock numbers". A CW location near Seattle WA lists 478 as in stock, and a CW near Denver shows over 1000. Not sure where you mean by "Out West" but it at appears there is plenty of dealer stock out west, unless Camping World is playing some kind of listing shenanigans game. BTW those numbers were for travel trailers, but other categories reveal similar results.

2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

propchef

NORCAL

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 04:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wade44 wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

ferndaleflyer wrote:

The local lots full of every kind of RV are not already sold. They are waiting for the next fish to swim in. As I have said before I have been all over the East and the lots are full.

As I said come out west.

Out of curiosity if I pull up a random Camping World near Los Angeles CA I see 149 units "in stock" with listed "stock numbers". A CW location near Seattle WA lists 478 as in stock, and a CW near Denver shows over 1000. Not sure where you mean by "Out West" but it at appears there is plenty of dealer stock out west, unless Camping World is playing some kind of listing shenanigans game. BTW those numbers were for travel trailers, but other categories reveal similar results.

And how do those numbers compare to pre-pandemic numbers? Posting numbers without context doesn't really show anything. Those 149 units include anything from teardrops to 30+ footers, new and used, and several of them look like they've been there a while. Not one Lance. Only 2 Airstreams (and not priced too bad!).

Inventories are recovering, especially with TTs but it has been very slim pickin's 'till now.

ol Bombero-JC

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NamMedevac 70 wrote:

This brings back memories of the 70s inflation gas lines and 55MPH national speed limit that lasted a long time along with sweaters. I actually missed all this as I was living in SE Asia flying commercial helicopters all over. No pain for me. YEP may happen again. People will spend more money faster thinking prices will continue to rise and this of course is like the dog chasing its tail. Faster and faster with ever increasing prices is definition of runaway inflation then leading to

BA Finance & Tax Accounting, Former SEC CFP, Army Guard and civilian Pilot to Texas Governors, etc. etc.

[image]

With your experience.....
just volunteer your flying abilities to the Ukrainian Air Force and you'll miss it all again...[emoticon]

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

Please share with us the gasser that gets 15mpg towing and what it was towing.

2018 Toyota Tacoma towing a 2018 Airstream Bambi Sport 16rb. At 60 mph.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/22 05:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for sharing. That's a cool setup.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/22 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wade44 wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

ferndaleflyer wrote:

As I said come out west.

If I go to Curtis Trailers which has a couple locations near Portland Oregon and is one of the bigger non CW dealers in Oregon, their website will show 172 new 5th wheels. By the time you hit 55 or so the list goes to 'pending sale, Sold or Order now.
Same with all their other categories. Just because the website lists X amount of RV's doesn't mean they on the lot or still for sale.
According to the CW Denver dealer they only have 366 TT's.
https://rv.campingworld.com/searchresult........e=advanced&locations=KC5,WRC,PCO,KC1,KC2

I'm sure there's some shenanigans being played within the RV industry but my eyes don't lie. Pre Covid the lots I frequently drive by were jam packed. Now they're getting fuller but you can still see big gaps in the center of lots.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/22 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only 366 TT, Only!

John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/22 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been almost a month since the post was originally typed. Anyone want to change their minds, or add to the thread?

Thinking people are feeling less rich then just four short weeks ago.

Caveman Charlie

Storden, MN

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/22 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John&Joey wrote:

Been almost a month since the post was originally typed. Anyone want to change their minds, or add to the thread?

Thinking people are feeling less rich then just four short weeks ago.

Not me, my plans haven't changed. I will maybe have to use a little bit of my rainy day fund but, that is why I have it. Before things started going up to much I stocked up on food and other supplies. Eventually, it will wear me down but, I can easily make it through the summer without changing many plans. I am more careful planning trips to the store and stuff now and a few things like that. But, otherwise I haven't changed any plans,,,yet...

1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/22 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

jdc1 wrote:

I was telling my wife that everyone would get use to paying $5/gallon for fuel in a few weeks. Even at $5/gallon, we still pay less than most other developed nations.

...but most of us won't be RVing in those other developed nations, so who cares? [emoticon]

It's a mixed bag:
- In Europe, they tend to drive shorter distances in smaller more fuel efficient cars. Or they ride scooters or take mass transit around town. Net effect is they buy much less gas. If gas goes up by $2/gal, not a big deal if you average 3 gal per week. Much different if it's 30gal per week.
- RV'ing is quite popular in Europe and yes, we have rented over there. It's a great experience though different from N. American.

Of course, in the big picture, fuel costs are not a big driving force. If you've already bought an RV:
- You still have the $500/month payments (assuming typical people who get loans).
- You still have $100/month insurance.
- You still have $500-1000/yr in maintenance costs.
- You still pay $25-60/night for a site.
- We are looking at a Michigan to Yellowstone trip later this fall and over the 2 months, we have it calculated as maybe around $300 extra for fuel.

While annoying, fuel costs hardly move the needle in terms of the overall RVing costs.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> On the road observations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.