cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Duramax service exhaust soon

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2019 Duramax , have a service exhaust soon message check manual. The manual says contact dealer. Anyone have any ideas. Don’t seem to have any power.

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
12 REPLIES 12

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
mkirsch wrote:

I find that a lot of these types sit there and wait for you to email them back or give them a phone call with the answer.

Well I don't have his email or phone number, and don't want it, so...there's that.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Grit dog wrote:
This is one of those "makes ya wonder" threads. OP posts a rather basic/cryptic post asking for help/suggestions, then doesn't return, even though it appears to be an immediate type of issue.

Could be....
DEF injector
DEF pump
DPF or SCR plugged
Malfunctioning sensor on exhaust, EGTs or O2s
Bad DEF sensor or bad DEF
Drives like an old man and plugged 'er up and hasn't spent any time completing a regen.
Physical issue with DFP or SCR

These off the top of my head. Bout as good as suggestions as can be given with literally no additional info provided by the guy with the constipated exhaust!

I find that a lot of these types sit there and wait for you to email them back or give them a phone call with the answer.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
This is one of those "makes ya wonder" threads. OP posts a rather basic/cryptic post asking for help/suggestions, then doesn't return, even though it appears to be an immediate type of issue.

Could be....
DEF injector
DEF pump
DPF or SCR plugged
Drives like an old man and plugged 'er up and hasn't spent any time completing a regen.

These off the top of my head. Bout as good as suggestions as can be given with literally no additional info provided by the guy with the constipated exhaust!

He probably traded it in for a truck with a gas engine.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Could be....
DEF injector
DEF pump
DPF or SCR plugged

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
Based on OP's post, I'd place $$ that the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) is plugged up

There is also 2 oxygen sensors , one on each side of the DPF filter if like my 2012.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Auto Parts can look at your codes.

Curious do you do a lot of short trips?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Based on OP's post, I'd place $$ that the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) is plugged up
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
It should have at least basic Onstar. It will tell you what the code is.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many Auto Parts Stores can read the code and give suggestions. Might be something simple or major, but the code will help.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
If I had a truck with Tier IV emissions, I would not leave home without a good code reader. Something like AlfaOBD or similar.

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
U might try googling “ Duramax Forums “……

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need a scanner to tell what the problem is. Sounds like you went into limp mode, to keep from blowing something up.