cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is water pressure too high?

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
If I up grade to a new 3 gpm pump vs 2.5 gpm water pump the new pump shuts off at 55 psi vs 45, will my water lines hold up ? I also just installed a new domestic 320 toilet.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
7 REPLIES 7

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for alll the help!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, isolate or insulate the lines , first and easiest thing to do .
If that doesn't do the trick, research an โ€˜accumulator tankโ€™ .

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pipes rattling might be a poor pump installation where the pump will rattle the connected flex lines against a wall. Need to tie them back and/or wrap with pipe insulation.

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
With the new 3GPM water pump I now have noisy pipes that rattle when I flush my new Dometic toilet. so I guess I need something to take the pressure off the system. Anyone have that problem and how did you fix ?

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
I have found in the various RV's I've owned that the fixtures are usually the weakest link. Most notably the shower valve. I am still searching for a decent one not made of plastic painted to look like metal. Maybe I am unlucky but it seems like every shower valve in every RV I've owned has leaked if the PSI gets above 50. Would love to find a decent one.

I installed the tub/shower set below about 8 years ago, and have tested our fresh water plumbing to 80 PSI with zero leaks. We do have a small tub in our coach, but I expect Phoenix also has version without the tub spout.

Phoenix (R4799-I) 4" Faucet
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I have found in the various RV's I've owned that the fixtures are usually the weakest link. Most notably the shower valve. I am still searching for a decent one not made of plastic painted to look like metal. Maybe I am unlucky but it seems like every shower valve in every RV I've owned has leaked if the PSI gets above 50. Would love to find a decent one.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
The lines are probably PEX or an equivalent and they are good to 65 psi at least. Some of the plastic elbows and fittings are not of the best quality but they should hold 55, which is what your pressure regulator for street water should be set at.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member