Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: time to get vehicle after ordering
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> time to get vehicle after ordering

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/22 11:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ordered a Jeep Grand Cherokee L thanksgiving week. Dealer said it would take 2-6 months.

It is supposed to be built next week. And transport time may take up to 7 weeks after it’s built.

I hope you’re not in a hurry.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/22 11:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My F150 was built in about 3 months. It has been sitting in storage for 2 months waiting for a computer chip. Best estimate is 1-2 more months.

corvettekent

Marysville, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/22 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ordered my 2022 Chevy 3500 High Country last August 9th and it showed up at the dealership January 31st.

2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Turnover Ball, Companion Hitch.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/22 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

God bless all y'all who are doing more than your part to support our economy during this time of ridiculous inflation. (Ridiculous to me anyway)

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

BurbMan

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/22 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michigander, Dave Kring Chevy over in Petosky, MI has both an LS and an LT in stock on the lot.

vermilye

Oswego, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/22 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just be glad you are not ordering an Escape 5th wheel (21' fiberglass trailer). Order today & the expected delivery date is August 2024.

Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
My Photo & RV link blog

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/22 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michigander wrote:

My Chevy Traverse is at 241K and my wife says i need to order a new one. local dealer says 6-8 months. Just curious if that is them trying to get me to take what they can find or if the build time is that long.

Thanks!

yup based on my experience the build time may be that long. I place an order on a F-150 crew cab with trailer tow & Heavy duty payload Pkg in early sept of 21. toward the end of last year order was converted over to a 22 model. Mid march truck finally showed up at dealer, did closing on truck last week. I also found out my truck sat at a 44 acreage distribution center in MA for almost 5 weeks before being shipped to my CT dealer, was only vehicle delivered.

Mike

2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Wade44

Ohio Farm Country

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 06:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BurbMan wrote:

Michigander, Dave Kring Chevy over in Petosky, MI has both an LS and an LT in stock on the lot.

At most dealers today when you see popular new vehicles still "in stock" what that means is that they are asking and holding out for some ridiculous price, which they know they will ultimately get from some sucker. They are probably calling it something like a "market surcharge". I can find a fair amount of GM3500's or Ford F250/350's in stock here in Ohio but only if your willing to go $5K on top of sticker.

2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/22 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wade44 wrote:

BurbMan wrote:

At most dealers today when you see popular new vehicles still "in stock" what that means is that they are asking and holding out for some ridiculous price, which they know they will ultimately get from some sucker. They are probably calling it something like a "market surcharge". I can find a fair amount of GM3500's or Ford F250/350's in stock here in Ohio but only if your willing to go $5K on top of sticker.

Even that depends on the dealer. I recently had to service my truck and the dealer wanted to give me an "appraisal" I thought, what the heck, everything is up right now might as well check it out. First, they lowballed my trade in, $5-$10K under KBB. Then they told me ordering a truck, their standard is $5K over MSRP depending on the vehicle, some are more. It's all about profit. They aren't selling as many trucks, so need to make more profit on everything they sell.

We also talked about the supply issue. He was pretty confident that "ordering" a truck and waiting for it to be built and shipped to the dealer is the new norm. They can get a premium for every vehicle and clients are willing to wait. Anything they order and the deal falls through, having them on the lot, the premium goes up, people are willing to pay even more for instant delivery.

I have issues with all of this. Mostly, I want to check out the truck, drive it, inspect it for damage or whatever, then deal on the price. Starting at a premium over MSRP doesn't work for me. We all know the dealer is making a large profit at MSRP and that service keeps the doors open. So, adding a premium just to make a higher profit is a bad business model and doesn't deserve my business. Vehicles are already way over priced for what you get. Paying $85K-$90K for a diesel truck is outrageous. I feel bad for our Canadian friends. What's going to be the price of a truck in 5-10 years - are we all willing to pay $150K for the same truck your driving now? I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not making any more money, the company I work for doesn't give raises and in this uncertain economy isn't doing anything for their employees to offset inflation.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thermoguy wrote:

Even that depends on the dealer. I recently had to service my truck and the dealer wanted to give me an "appraisal" I thought, what the heck, everything is up right now might as well check it out. First, they lowballed my trade in, $5-$10K under KBB. Then they told me ordering a truck, their standard is $5K over MSRP depending on the vehicle, some are more. It's all about profit. They aren't selling as many trucks, so need to make more profit on everything they sell.

Definitely depends on the dealer. KBB generally values a vehicle considerable higher than NADA, or the so called "Black Book" value. NADA is what local dealers generally go by. KBB for my 2012 F350 loaded was about $45 higher than NADA.

When I ordered my F150 last July the dealer first said $10k premium. Then dropped to $5k. Ultimately I ordered for $2k under sticker.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> time to get vehicle after ordering
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.