cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1995 Bounder 34J capacities

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer
I've really tried hard to do a bunch of web searches for the tank capacities of a 1995 Bounder 34J, but can't find a reliable source. I'm most interested in getting capacities for my black and gray tanks.

For some reason I think my fresh tank is 100 gallons. I remember reading that someplace, maybe that white vehicle weight sheet glued to the closet door in the bathroom. However, when I use my Orbit (or Save-a-Drop), inline water meter to track how much water is going into that tank, the tank goes into "overflow" at about 75-80 gallons and I have to shut off my water. So, I either have an inaccurate in-line water meter or my fresh tank is not 100 gallons.

Can anyone provide any insight, or maybe a reliable web site that has accurate specs and capacities?
8 REPLIES 8

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
100 gallon fresh. 50 gallon black. 50 gallon gray. Those are the advertised numbers. They may vary slightly.

My fresh is actually 105. Black is 55, Gray is 48.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Run your hose and check the time to fill 5 gallon bucket. Then time the gravity fill time to fill the tank. Then simple math for the tank volume.

For grey/black tanks I'd fill with a 5 gallon bucket being careful near the end.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Run your hose and check the time to fill 5 gallon bucket. Then time the gravity fill time to fill the tank. Then simple math for the tank volume.

For grey/black tanks I'd fill with a 5 gallon bucket being careful near the end.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
THIS is what I found.

Fresh: 100 gals
Grey: 47 gals

No black tank size, but would assume the same as grey.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Have you looked on the kitchen doors? There is usually a sticker with capacities stated.

There is such a document glued to the closet doors in the bathroom, but it is focused on GVWR, axle capacities. The only thing mounted to a kitchen cabinet door is trash basket hanging on the door under the sink.

I may grab a photo of the document I have and attach it to the thread. Either that or I'll be proven a fool for not looking closer.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you looked on the kitchen doors? There is usually a sticker with capacities stated.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
good luck. Your best way is do as you have done. Our 99 at 38 feet was only 75 list and the black and gray together was 75 total.