cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fuse Box locations

Sargehut234
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Winnebago Destination 37G workhorse chassis.
Cab AC compressor clutch not engaged, so I thought I would start with fuses.
Chassis manuel gives general location and says refer to coach builder manuel.
Winne manuel offers nothing (that I could find) about fuse box locations.
I appreciate any help on this matter.
SARGE
8 REPLIES 8

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
before going thru electrical problem put gauges on to see if you have freon in system no freon means no power to the compressor

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
A friend chased an electrical problem on his A/C for ages. He finally found they had installed an additional in-line fuse that wasn't in the fuse box.................

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Based on the generic owner's manual and the wiring diagrams for that year and model, it looks like the chassis electrical fuses and the coaches 12 volt electrical fuses/breakers are all located in a compartment by the front wheel. Can't tell if the access is inside or outside.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sargehut234 wrote:
Thank you for that. I did take note on the first inspection that the compressor is newer than the rest of the belt driven components.
If I recall correctly you could jump the connection at the expansion valve to engage the clutch.
Thanks again!!

Correct.

You can also use that switch connection to see if there is voltage present when the A/C is turned on. No voltage on either side then the issue could be a fuse or even the inside control panel.

Voltage on one side and none on the other side then refrigerant pressure most likely too low..

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Have you checked in the battery control center? some are under the hood driver's side firewall.
If not there, with the aid of a helper operate the battery disconnect. They are commonly adjacent to the battery control center.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried a Winnebago owners forum?
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Sargehut234
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for that. I did take note on the first inspection that the compressor is newer than the rest of the belt driven components.
If I recall correctly you could jump the connection at the expansion valve to engage the clutch.
Thanks again!!

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can't help on finding the fuse box, most likely due to age the system may have leaked enough refrigerant to prevent the pressure switch from turning on the compressor which is more likely than a blown fuse.

The way A/C systems are setup on modern vehicles they have a pressure switch connected to monitor the refrigerant pressure. If not enough pressure the switch will not allow compressor clutch to engage and is a very common problem..

If you know someone who has a set of refrigerant gauges, have them check to pressure on the system.

If a bit low may just need a little top off, if very little to no pressure then may need to find the leak and repair.

Another possibility is the compressor clutch gap is too wide to engage due to wear.. You can pull the connection going to the compressor and check to see if you get voltage with A/C turned on.. If you get voltage then the clutch may be worn and not able to engage. Some clutches the gap may be adjustable by changing/removing the shims on the clutch. If gap can't be adjusted then a new clutch is in order.