Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Dealer Services
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Dealer Services

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
RV Jim

Palmyra, Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/22 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a friend looking to buy a used travel trailer. Is it normal for these charges, 1, $300. walk through after the sale 2, $285 Cleaning fee 3, $400 Check gas appliances. I think they are out to lunch, but I have not had any dealer dealings in over twenty years. Help me out. Thanks in advance. Jim

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They can (and will) charge anything they can in some cases.
To be honest, final out the door price is the only number that really matters, but if they are hiding behind those hidden fees, how many other things are they hiding?
I'd go someplace else. Preferably a small mom and pop operation.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RV Jim wrote:

I have a friend looking to buy a used travel trailer. Is it normal for these charges, 1, $300. walk through after the sale 2, $285 Cleaning fee 3, $400 Check gas appliances. I think they are out to lunch, but I have not had any dealer dealings in over twenty years. Help me out. Thanks in advance. Jim

Thats all BS. All manufacturers REQUIRE their dealers to check the gas appliances for obvious liability reasons... Tell them to skip that as you know a guy that does it.... Watch them change their story.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountryC CD/A 4X4 DRW

Skibane

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1. No.
2. Hell no.
3. Oh, Lordy - They think they've hooked a sucker!

Bob/Olallawa

Mason Co, WA/Bullhead City AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/22 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tell your friend to counter with a two grand lower price and a 6 month warranty. And the cleaning includes washing and waxing the outside.

Welcome to my home, that door you just broke down was there for your protection not mine.

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

RV Jim wrote:

Thats all BS. All manufacturers REQUIRE their dealers to check the gas appliances for obvious liability reasons... Tell them to skip that as you know a guy that does it.... Watch them change their story.

Agree 100%. I would not deal with this dealer. Find another dealer!!!!

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 10:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Things have really really changed for the worst. In 2003 when I bought my like new TT from Camping World on I 35 north of San Antonio. There were no hidden fees such as walk thru fees, appliance fees, instruction fees of appliance use or even demonstrating how to install and hook up my equalizer hitch. They did this for me on the spot and I bought the hitch on the internet direct from Equalizer. Those were the good old days. You are being ripped off big time bud.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/22 05:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

RV Jim wrote:

Well, buying a USED travel trailer has absolutely nothing to do with the original manufacturer, so . . .

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/22 06:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like ,someone above said, I don’t care what they call it, the out the door price is what matters.
Check with the date and figure any taxes they have to collect, then figure the price you are willing to pay with taxes.
I like to hand them a check made out for the amount I’ll pay, and be prepared to walk away.

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 241k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/22 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

all add on,s your in P.A call camper care dealer close to deerfield ohio. honest mom pop dealer . they,ll take care of your needs and even emg,problems. I,m a customer.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Dealer Services
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.