cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rhino ECO Spray On Roof---Anyone have one???

bowler1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
This is a follow up to a post I made a few weeks ago. I am considering getting a Rhino ECO roof as a replacement roof. I got some feedback on this but nothing from someone who has first-hand experience with this product. There are not many reviews on the internet, and the ones that I have seen are not necessarily relevant because they are from people who got the truck liner sprayed on their roof (which is not the same and not a good idea) or who got it sprayed on by someone who was not certified to do so.

Can anyone provide first hand experience with these roofs? One of the things I am wondering / concerned about is heat. The product claims to reduce heat inside in the summer since it is a silver/reflective color. But at least one person online said it did the opposite (although this does not make sense to me).

Any additional info would be appreciated.

thanks
Matt
4 REPLIES 4

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not exactly what you were looking for but may be helpful

Flex armor roof

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
I think a lot would depend on the substrate its applied to. On mass produced slapped together RV's thats usually thin 8mm or thinner plywood or OSB, which might even be attached to metal roof joists with smooth pneumatically driven staples. At least EPDM, TPO, or Vinyl membranes can accommodate movement in the substrate.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
midnightsadie wrote:
here in ohio I,ve seen it on houses one real close to me.three years old looks good. thats all I know . it is on my bed liner 2005 truck ,no chips ,and I ,ve hauled a bunch of stones.

Same here. 2000 F350 Rhino liner in great condition....construction truck for a few years. LineX is a more uniform finish, and just as good.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
here in ohio I,ve seen it on houses one real close to me.three years old looks good. thats all I know . it is on my bed liner 2005 truck ,no chips ,and I ,ve hauled a bunch of stones.