cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

roof seal

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
I checked the roof of my trailer and noticed a few spots missing caulking. I live in it, so I'd like to insure that whatever seal I use will last. It gets hot here in El Paso, TX, so that might be a consideration. I need a suggesting as to what I should use. Thanks for your help.
6 REPLIES 6

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
RV Armor is a 5000 dollar or more improvement. I had one put on. It's a nice roof. I had the help of an insurance claim though. Dragged a tree branch across my roof and tore it up some. A new membrane would have been 11,000 or more according to the dealer. After that quote from the dealer the insurance was happy to take my offer to accept the RV Armor roof. Anyway, as with anything prep is the most important step to redoing the Dicor self-leveling sealant. Thats what is recommended. Clean the area with mineral spirits and remove any that is even the slightest bit loose. A heat gun/hair dryer makes removal of the old Dicor easier.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
I second the Dicor self leveling

Guy

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
No way to escape the chore of yearly inspection and maintenance IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dicor products. They have self leveling and non sagging caulk. I always carry a roll of Eternabond tape, just in case I catch a tree branch, the shower pan cracks or a hose gets a leak. Dicor or Heng's is a good roof reseal too.

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the folks at RV-Armor - they provide a lifetime warranty, tied to the vehicle's VIN.
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Dicor self leveling is the most common sealant on RV's. For a more permanent but more expensive and more work there's eternabond tape.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS