cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside Faucet Repair

gb76087
Explorer
Explorer
Below is a picture of my outside faucet. It is leaking no matter which side I turn on. What is the easiest way to remove for repair?
2007 Fleeteood TERRA LX 34N
F53, 362hp V10
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
As I said (And why I said it) that is a vacuum breaker also known as a backflow preventer. 1/2 inch thread.. most any RV store will have them. They simply screw on and off. First unscrew the sprayer hose from the thing then unscrew it from the mixer valve then screw the new one on (pipe dope or tape if you wish)

I was starting to feel challenged but finally found one on Amazon.. This one is brass and 10 bucks plus change.

Amazon link
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

gb76087
Explorer
Explorer
After further observation, the leak is coming from where the thing on top screws into the faucet. So what is it and how do I repair/replace it?
F53, 362hp V10

gb76087
Explorer
Explorer
The leak(s) are behind the sheet metal that the faucet is mounted to. I can't see the leak so I need to remove the faucet and repair or replace it.
F53, 362hp V10

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am going to ask : Where is the leak?
The stem of one or both valves: Replace it or re-cartridge the valves (Replace the valve part)

The round thing on top. Is a seperate device and can also be replaced way less expensive than the entire fixture (it is a backflow prevention device or Vacuum breaker, any RV store should have them in the proper (1/2") size.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
YouTube may be your friend here. There are a few others if you scroll thru the others.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reach behind the valveset. Turn the two nuts counter clockwise on both the supply lines and valveset.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with replacement. Probably cheaper to just buy a new one.

As for removal, the stems have threaded, locking nuts on the back side of the panel it is mounted on.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
replace it
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.