Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: '22 Powerstroke seems a little thirstier than the '21 was.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> '22 Powerstroke seems a little thirstier than the '21 was.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/22 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

Flashman wrote:

Why so many new trucks? Daddy own a dealership?

It’s certainly not on account of feeling the need for a new truck. I think my dealership treats me pretty good on the purchase price of the new ones and I have a guy that buys my used trucks who also treats me pretty well. At the end of the day driving a new truck every year just seems to make sense.

Im the opposit, I always look for the lease returns so I don't have to pay the huge part of the depreaceation. but I also keep them till they don't work for me anymore also. I was going to sugest you tune it, my buddy did his 2017 and it went from 16. somthing to 12.somthing driving around town. one more emmision issue with mine and its getting the full meal deal also... mind you its been 3 years since I threatened it with that and there has been no issues..[emoticon]

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/22 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do late model trucks even depreciate these days? Other than the stupid high cost of tax and registration fees I’m pretty sure I could trade in every year and lose very little $.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/22 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

Do late model trucks even depreciate these days? Other than the stupid high cost of tax and registration fees I’m pretty sure I could trade in every year and lose very little $.

Depreciation is affected by demand. Demand is high. Pretty sure I could sell my 2 yr old truck with 28k miles for at least as much as I paid.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

IdaD

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/22 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

Pickups haven't depreciated too badly for awhile, especially diesel pickups. That said the last year or two has been strange in that regard. Limited availability and much higher real world pricing on new trucks have really propped up older truck values. I think I could sell my 2015 for what I paid new or very close to it, and that's 7 years and 85k miles later.

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/22 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How old qualifies as a beater? When I can sell mine for what I paid maybe I will trade [emoticon] (not really)

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/22 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

How old qualifies as a beater? When I can sell mine for what I paid maybe I will trade [emoticon] (not really)

My dealer offered to buy my 2020 with 15,000 miles for more $$$ than I paid for it new... BUT, I would be paying big bucks for a replacement.. I'm good for now..

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/22 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mlh wrote:

I sense a lot of jealousy on this thread. If he wants a new truck every year, so what? If he didn't buy one every year and drove around in an old beater, would your life be any better because of it?

4x4ord, good luck to you. Mine is a '21, but if I found the right deal on something better, I'll be shopping too.

No jealousy but if you are dropping $70-80k USD (or candian equivlent) each year on a new truck, are you really likely to care about the fuel efficiency?

Update: See he has some weird sweetheart deal with a guy buying them off him a year old for as much as he's buying them new. Sweet deal if you can do it legally.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/22 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

time2roll wrote:

My dealer offered to buy my 2020 with 15,000 miles for more $$$ than I paid for it new... BUT, I would be paying big bucks for a replacement.. I'm good for now..
Almost like a Ponzi scheme waiting to see who is stuck with the highest loan payment at the bust.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/22 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Almost like a Ponzi scheme waiting to see who is stuck with the highest loan payment at the bust.

Well, that wont be me as its paid for in full....

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/22 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

I haven’t filled a Ford from dead empty, but can say my “24 gal tank” in my Chevy holds 24.4 gallons when it is bone dry aka run out of fuel. How I know is not to be discussed, lol!

I like to find out how accurate my distance to empty meter is right out of the box .... usually running it 35 km or so past 0 km to empty is about as far as I push it. This one momentarily flashed up a low fuel pressure warning at 1 km to empty. 2km further down the road the tach dropped to zero. I guess 0 km to empty means 0 km to empty.

2022 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> '22 Powerstroke seems a little thirstier than the '21 was.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.