cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Silver Bullet Hose

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is anyone using the Silver Bullet Hose? If so how do you like it?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
15 REPLIES 15

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use my tank all the time so I think it could be a good hose. I will keep it in mind if my Zero G goes bad. I do love the Zero G hose.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
^The damage tends to be to whatever other metal it's in contact with - Not the aluminum itself.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Skibane wrote:
Product info says that the fittings are aluminum.

Aluminum is very chemically reactive with many other metals - quickly causes corrosion or rust.

Not a good choice for hose fittings.

Some other hoses also use aluminum, but add a chemically inert "buffer" where it comes in contact with other metals.

Funny, I have had mine from the mountains to the Oregon coast and the fittings are still fine!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
Product info says that the fittings are aluminum.

Aluminum is very chemically reactive with many other metals - quickly causes corrosion or rust.

Not a good choice for hose fittings.

Some other hoses also use aluminum, but add a chemically inert "buffer" where it comes in contact with other metals.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
haste maker wrote:
Ed_Gee wrote:
That does look intriguing... I wonder how well it would hold up over years. I already have a Teknor Apex Zero-G hose . It is similar and made in America. I just love it...very light and compacts easily for storage.

Thanks for this info...I looked up the link & I like this much better that the Silver Bullet Hose...

We use Zero-G also great hose. DD uses one in her horse barn and beats the heck out of it and still working great!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of these type hoses tend to restrict water flow as they need the pressure to expand the hose. I have one in the RV and one at home. Useful for casual use, but if you want a lot of flow, not so good.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
Manufacturer says do not leave it pressurized except when using it so not recommended for continuous hookup. I use one for filling the water tank and for washing down. It's important to note on the label that it is approved for potable water, some of them are not.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok for things like washing the RV and other uses where it is NOT connected to the RV but not recommended for use as an RV fresh water supply hose.

WHY: Heaven forbid the park loses pressure (happens a lot) the hose will try to retract down to "storage" size and I've heard (Never seen but never gave my expanding hose the chance) that they can pull the water inlet off the Rig.
"
Knowing (As I do having worked on mine) how they are attached.. I suspect... it can.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
nickthehunter wrote:
Donโ€™t know, ainโ€™t worth my time looking it up to see what your talking about; if youโ€™d have provided a link, maybe.

I sure hope you have the time to look at the link, maybe.

https://www.silverbulletoffer.com/?mid=10574452&vendor=google&campaignid=1751156552&adgroupid=77017573188&targetid=kwd-669835652639&mt=b&network=g&device=c&adid=347596668394&keyword=silver%20hose&adtype=&merchantid=&productchannel=&productid=&placement=&gclid=CjwKCAjw9e6SBhB2EiwA5myr9vEePC1JN9FIfuXbwFHSLIiUPgxSBABvZM5MnRW2-XDX902FD0CfSxoCb-gQAvD_BwE

You may have to copy & paste.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lol.
But wait, thereโ€™s more!โ€ฆ
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ed_Gee wrote:
That does look intriguing... I wonder how well it would hold up over years. I already have a Teknor Apex Zero-G hose . It is similar and made in America. I just love it...very light and compacts easily for storage.

Thanks for this info...I looked up the link & I like this much better that the Silver Bullet Hose...
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
nickthehunter wrote:
Donโ€™t know, ainโ€™t worth my time looking it up to see what your talking about; if youโ€™d have provided a link, maybe.

Here You Go

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Earlier hoses like this Silver Bullet Hose had weak connections at the bib ends. Silver Bullet at house works good, but I do release pressure when not in use.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II