cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aux battery light

Silas_Carpy
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2009 fleetwood pulse class c on dodge sprinter chassis. I winterized and covered and stored in my driveway since oct. I had chassis and house batteries (2-6 volts) on tenders all winter. I have plugged my shore cord into my standard 110 volt garage outlet. When I do this, my aux battery light for the house comes on and will not turn off. Shouldnโ€™t this go off when plugged into ac outlet? Unit was new to me a year ago and to be honest I canโ€™t recall from the few times we used it if this light stayed on when plugged in or not. However, it seems to me that the battery light would only be on when using the dc power and should be off when plugged into ac. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Silas Carpy wrote:
I have plugged my shore cord into my standard 110 volt garage outlet. When I do this, my aux battery light for the house comes on and will not turn off.

NO it should not. that is normal operation of the light.

The problem is lack of proper documentation.

The light indicates that the house DC systems have power
This can come from the batteries (if you are not plugged in)
Or from the converter...

But the basic diagram is something like this (much left out(

Batteries---switch---Light---Converter

The light simply means "house has power". nothing more.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Silas Carpy wrote:
With ac power unplugged, aux battery power turns on and off. With ac power plugged in, aux battery light stays on, will not turn off.

Thats normal. Unless you misstated. NO 120 POWER to the RV and the Light should go OFF when disconnecting the 12 volt power. Doug

Silas_Carpy
Explorer
Explorer
With ac power unplugged, aux battery power turns on and off. With ac power plugged in, aux battery light stays on, will not turn off.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your system, when on Shore Power you have 12 volts to the RV and charge current to the battery from the Power Converter. Disconnect the 120 shore cord. Then your Battery light will come ON when the battery is turned ON and the Light will go OFF when the battery is turned OFF. It is normal the way it is operating. IF the Light does NOT go OFF, then the disconnect solenoid is defective and stuck ON. Doug

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Have you checked your battery disconnect to insure it is on?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker