cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Member Blocking is a Blessing

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've not had to block anyone here for a long, long time, but recently the need has once again arisen. Just wanted to say thanks to the site engineers for including that feature! It makes visiting the forum enjoyable without the constant personal attacks and harassment. Mods do a good job cleaning up the public discussion but not the PMs.
25 REPLIES 25

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
mdcamping wrote:
Been a while since I have received a PM but in the past I had received a bunch of them. All positive comments either offering or asking advice. Also back in the day we got to meet up with a bunch of good folks at the RV.net rallies where we also communicated via PM's. Every year we still meeting up with some of those same members. :C

Mike

If youโ€™re short on PMs, just say something offensive! Lol
Some of my best conversations follow a slap on the wrist via PMโ€ฆ;)

But seriously, the mods here are all cool and just keeping the peace. Kudos go to them for putting up with me!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems a lot of the post here are from members that have been here a long time like me. I only blocked two members in all these years and they are both gone now. One kicked off and another passed away.
Good to see some of the long time members still here!
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Been a while since I have received a PM but in the past I had received a bunch of them. All positive comments either offering or asking advice. Also back in the day we got to meet up with a bunch of good folks at the RV.net rallies where we also communicated via PM's. Every year we still meeting up with some of those same members. :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
I've never blocked anyone from anywhere on any site like this.

That being said I did "Unfriend" one person on Facebook. His beliefs were different from mine and I didn't have a problem with that but, he was mean about it, giving bad advice, and just being a jerk. It was upsetting me so I unfriended him for my sake.

Over time it seems some people ( a lot of people) are getting so they will say anything that comes into their head. A lot of people seem to have no restraint these days. They never know when to bite their tongue. I spend less time with those people then what I used too. Actually, I spend less time with all people in general then what I used too. I miss having conversations with people but, now every conversation turns into a argument. I gave up on people.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Ha Ha, there ain't nobody on a public forum gonna penetrate this thick skin. Lol

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
fj12ryder wrote:
I think I've only had one person I thought about Blocking/Ignoring, but honestly no one has ever bothered me enough to follow through on it. You know what they say: "Don't pet the sweaty things, and..."

This pretty much sums it up. Just ignore a poster that offends you, move on, it's just a public forum. If blocking someone on a forum, is a blessing for you, there may be deeper issues, such as change of meds, or other?

Jerry

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I don't block anyone either-I just ignore. Allow for PMs,too, because I've gotten some really nice ones. And I just laugh at the nasty ones.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
I don't block anyone, but I also don't even check PM's. When this thread popped up, I looked at the PM link at the top and it showed I had two. Both were pretty old. I generally don't let people on the internet get me worked up. I reserve that for people whose opinions matter to me and that is a pretty short list.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey I'm an old man in a young spirited body and I do know for a fact that I am right about the young spirit. I try to do things that a young man would do, but usually don't achieve them and that is plain wrong.
Go easy on me. ๐Ÿ˜› :B

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
I bet if we could compare our blocked lists, there would be several names common to most. These are the people that have decided that they are always, always right and anyone with a differing opinion is just plain wrong. There are already enough difficulties in life to waste time on those sad, pathetic little boys in old man bodies.
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is only one person that I blocked, because I got sick and tired of his trope. He is a diehard supporter of his brand of truck (not my thing, but whatever) but he LOVES to jump on threads about brands that he doesn't own and has never owned and has no personal knowledge of. He has some good knowledge of his brand, but his slight bit of knowledge was far outweighed by his constant griping and nonsense.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Same here but only a few so far. A grumpy old uncle Bill or Bob from canuck corn patch and another old grouch from midwest corn patch and a df from O. Cheers and see you at the rodeo.

I allow no one to pm me as no need for smack talk

Wadcutter
Explorer III
Explorer III
wa8yxm wrote:
Wadcutter wrote:

It appears he may have died in 2015.

From the parts of your post I deleted from this reply it is possible he had a change of address in 2015 and no longer has internet access.
Or a key to his door.

He died 07/22/2015
Camped in every state

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
In the last 5-6 yrs I come here for the 'entertainment' value only.

Some very knowledgeable posters here that I envoy reading. When I see them getting mocked or crudely questioned is when it bothers me.