Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Small Class C on a Ford 350 vs Transit chassis
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

 > Small Class C on a Ford 350 vs Transit chassis

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

Senior Member

Joined: 02/26/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/07/22 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

If the PC is 3 times what you paid in 2007 that would be about $180K.
I many have exaggerated a bit. A brand new PC 2100, fully optioned as they are all built today, I have seen priced at Camper's Inn for around $160k. I don't know if you can negotiate downward in this currently hot motorhome market.

Wait until the COVID craze has passed. I am all but certain the prices will drop dramatically on new and used motorhomes of every brand and kind.

It is NOT a good time buy a new or used motorhome, only a good time to get out from owning one.

I don't know about towables. Every time I drive by my area RV dealers, their lots are loaded with them which tells me they are over-stocked. Maybe the prices on them have come down off the clouds to help move them. I really don't know, just an assumption on my part.


2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Gjac

Milford, CT

Senior Member

Joined: 08/16/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/07/22 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

Gjac wrote:

If the PC is 3 times what you paid in 2007 that would be about $180K.
I many have exaggerated a bit. A brand new PC 2100, fully optioned as they are all built today, I have seen priced at Camper's Inn for around $160k. I don't know if you can negotiate downward in this currently hot motorhome market.

Wait until the COVID craze has passed. I am all but certain the prices will drop dramatically on new and used motorhomes of every brand and kind.

It is NOT a good time buy a new or used motorhome, only a good time to get out from owning one.

I don't know about towables. Every time I drive by my area RV dealers, their lots are loaded with them which tells me they are over-stocked. Maybe the prices on them have come down off the clouds to help move them. I really don't know, just an assumption on my part.
Yes, that was my plan to wait. I think not only prices will come down but people that bought RV's on a whim will have to sell them, depending on how bad this recession is. It is a good time to research and see what is out there and what would fit the way one likes to camp/travel.

Desert Captain

Payson

Senior Member

Joined: 02/19/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/07/22 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over the last year I have had 7 people come ring our doorbell to ask if that lovely motorhome {24' Class C} sitting in the driveway is for sale. I did some checking and got offers of $36,000 to $41,000 from a couple of different consignment companies and there is no fee to the seller. Keep in mind I paid $47,000 for it 9.5 years and 71,000 miles ago. I'd be tempted to part with it if we weren't so happy with the coach and then would have to try and find something else {and it 's paid for }.

[emoticon]





ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

Senior Member

Joined: 02/26/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/07/22 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

Gjac wrote:

If the PC is 3 times what you paid in 2007 that would be about $180K.
I many have exaggerated a bit. A brand new PC 2100, fully optioned as they are all built today, I have seen priced at Camper's Inn for around $160k. I don't know if you can negotiate downward in this currently hot motorhome market.

Wait until the COVID craze has passed. I am all but certain the prices will drop dramatically on new and used motorhomes of every brand and kind.

It is NOT a good time buy a new or used motorhome, only a good time to get out from owning one.

I don't know about towables. Every time I drive by my area RV dealers, their lots are loaded with them which tells me they are over-stocked. Maybe the prices on them have come down off the clouds to help move them. I really don't know, just an assumption on my part.
Yes, that was my plan to wait. I think not only prices will come down but people that bought RV's on a whim will have to sell them, depending on how bad this recession is. It is a good time to research and see what is out there and what would fit the way one likes to camp/travel.
You are so right.

There will be so many used motorhomes being put up for sale after people can freely travel abroad again. Their motorhomes will be sitting in storage lots while they are in the Caribbean, Europe, wherever else but in their motorhome.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

Senior Member

Joined: 02/26/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/07/22 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

Over the last year I have had 7 people come ring our doorbell to ask if that lovely motorhome {24' Class C} sitting in the driveway is for sale. I did some checking and got offers of $36,000 to $41,000 from a couple of different consignment companies and there is no fee to the seller. Keep in mind I paid $47,000 for it 9.5 years and 71,000 miles ago. I'd be tempted to part with it if we weren't so happy with the coach and then would have to try and find something else {and it 's paid for }.
A good feeling for sure.

It would be interesting to know what we could get for our rig.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

 > Small Class C on a Ford 350 vs Transit chassis
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.