cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AirSafe 5er hitch

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
I've run across a 20k AirSafe brand air ride type hitch but I've never heard of them. TrailerSaver is the only brand I know anything about or see mentioned on rv forums.
Anyone have any knowledge of these as I am looking to go to a heavier toy hauler& need to probly replace my 18k Patriot B&W which I really like.
8 REPLIES 8

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
The TrailerSaver line is quality and so is B&W. So in that they are no different. The difference is TS have air bags and B&W does not. Many ways to skin a cat. I tow MUCH heavier than most anyone here with a solid B&W and a TrailAir pin box. Setup does the same but at MUCH less $$$. I look in my rear view and watch the RV move up and down separately. I have Factory Rear Air on my Truck and that makes a huge difference also.

I also have the Trailair air pinbox and used it with my solid Reese hitch before switching over to the trailerSaver hitch and in my opinion there is a difference

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I bought it. 25k with the Binkley style head. Needs some touch up but that is easy. Best part is I couldn't have bought 1/2 of a goosebox for what I spent.
Now to find that big toy hauler. My Wife is getting worse ( Parkinson's ) and really needs her golf car as her mobility scooter just doesn't work well on some terrains.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not familiar with the AirSafe band but bought a Trailer Saver BD3 on advice of folks here in the forum and it IS all that and a bag of chips! Smooth ride for the trailer, stuff not all over the place when you get where you're going. If you have a chance to get a deal on one of these I would go for it.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
The TrailerSaver line is quality and so is B&W. So in that they are no different. The difference is TS have air bags and B&W does not. Many ways to skin a cat. I tow MUCH heavier than most anyone here with a solid B&W and a TrailAir pin box. Setup does the same but at MUCH less $$$. I look in my rear view and watch the RV move up and down separately. I have Factory Rear Air on my Truck and that makes a huge difference also.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen nor known anyone who owns an Airsafe hitch. However, I've read a number of good reviews about them. Since you already have the bed rails, I would recommend a Trailer Saver TS3. This is the path I took, Patriot - TS3. I can report the hitches aren't in the same league as far as towing comfort. Of course, they shouldn't be due to the price differential. Once over the price shock, you would never regret that decision.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TrailerSaver air ride hitch and after having both an air ride and normal hard fifth wheel hitch I would never go back to a hard one.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are happy with your B&W just get the appropriate model for your RVโ€™s weight.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

handsome51
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 25K airsafe hitch since 2006 and love it. It has a Binkley Holland head on it.They don't make a Binkley Holland head anymore . But TrailerSaver makes one that is just like it . So if I had to buy a new air hitch right now I would go with the TrailerSaver. Because I think that head is the best.If airsafe hitch would make a copy of the Binkley Holland Head like TrailerSaver did. I would buy another airsafe hitch. The way the hitch is setup with the 4 air bags. My 5th wheel rides so smooth you almost don't know it is behind you. Nothing moves in the 5th wheel unless I slam on the brakes