cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quality Replacement for the old Style MaxxAir Fan Mate 850

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Went to order a new MaxxAir Fan Mate 850 and discovered in that in the intervening years since I started my restoration project and now, that they discontinued the good MaxxAir Fan Mate 850 for some cheap looking replacement that's held on with very small cotter pins.

Is there a comparable replacement still on the market for the Maxx Air Fan Mate 850 from another manufacturer?

I've loved how the one I put on my fifth wheel has both held up and performed and was hoping to put one on the big power vent fan on my Amerigo, but it appears its not to be (I even looked on Ebay to see if I could find some New old Stock).
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL
3 REPLIES 3

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Galled on me after only 2 years. I had to cut them off to get the cover to open.

VERY common with stainless fasteners.

Anti-seize compound on the threads is strongly recommended.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would not discount the new Fan Mate with the large cotter pin type clips.

I had the old 850 and while nice the thumb screws that you twist off to open,like this

Galled on me after only 2 years. I had to cut them off to get the cover to open.

I replaced it with the new Fan Mate,it has the same Six-Year Limited Warranty, it is taller in the rear so the fancover opens more to give more air flow, and with the clips it is easy to open to clean.

Mine has been on for 5 years in the California sun and looks and functions as new.The old one still sits in my storage shed.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure if applicable to your particular needs - but Dometic is still selling a few FanTastic models.