cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Fridge Issue

KenS999
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I am having an issue with my Norcold refrigerator running on propane. The model number is N306RM8. It is in a 2017 Cherokee Wolf Pup 16FQ. I noticed I have to lately turn up the temperature setting dial while running the refrigerator on propane to almost "coldest" in order to maintain 40 degrees F in my refrigerator section. The flame meter on the display, which always used to sit in the middle of the green now only sits just below the border of where white meets green while the fridge is running on propane. I do use 2 external cooling fans to draw air over the coils and an internal fan to circulate air in the box. I have cleaned any carbon deposits near the flame orifice tube and thermocouple. I know that the temperatures are getting warmer now, but I never remember the flame meter moving below the middle of the green when the refrigerator was operating on propane? Some advice on what I can check to correct the issue and improve my refrigerator cooling more efficiently while using propane would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ken.
2 REPLIES 2

KenS999
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the reply. How does the thermistor function when the refrigerator is in LP mode? I understood it as the temperature control dial simply controlled the flame intensity for the burner. In LP mode the flame always stayed on. Thanks.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Have you check to make sure the thermistor has not slip on the cooling fin? Your thermistor may be going bad itself. You can unplug it and see what happens to the cooling.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly