cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

stuck dump valve

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer
on my 2019 reflection the black tank valve is stuck closed, there is nothing in the tank except the a few cups of water and plumbing antifreeze from dewinterizing yesterday, but the valve does not move at all, anyone know a way without opening up the underbelly to get this freed up?
Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.
21 REPLIES 21

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
NO WAY would I own another cable dump valve. One year and the Black was unusable. 6 years on the standard "T" valves and they operate like new.

what was the problem with yours, I have two and 6 years later they work perfectly.

Very difficult to open and close right from the get go. Finally stuck in the open position. Tried vegetable oil but that didn't help.

well I hope mine keep working, I wouldnt even know where to cut in the bottom of the rv to find tham haha. My biggest worry has been that some how the cable would unspin and come loose from the valve, even though I don't know if thats how there coneected or not.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
StirCrazy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
NO WAY would I own another cable dump valve. One year and the Black was unusable. 6 years on the standard "T" valves and they operate like new.

what was the problem with yours, I have two and 6 years later they work perfectly.

Very difficult to open and close right from the get go. Finally stuck in the open position. Tried vegetable oil but that didn't help.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
relaxin wrote:
located the dump valve and cut open the underbelly, took off the calbe and the valve moves freely, so cable is seized, strange for a 3 year old unit hardly used. held the handle end lightly in a vise and gave it a good dose of penetrating oil a few times over several hours, let it sit overnight, and still stuck,,, FN@#!#%& !!! so ordered a new one, unfortunately only comes with the valve at $180 (cdn)

Has anyone seen if any aftermarket place makes them in stainless steel?

I had this problem...valve was stuck slightly open, I used a camera to see what was going on. I cut the cable and relocated the handle right by the drain pipe so the cable is now shorter and straight, it was the cable that was the problem not the valve.

I also drilled a hole in the valve (another thread) so I can spray some lube in there. Oh and yeah had to cut bottom open to access. I got the schematics from Jayco so I knew exactly where to cut ๐Ÿ˜‰
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie,SRW,CTD,4x4,Long bed
2020 Jayco eagle ht 274ckds

My Adventure Blog:
https://roaddivaontheroad.blogspot.com/2020/03/getting-ready.html

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Cummins12V98 wrote:

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
bucky wrote:
If the tank is empty and the RV is level the valve will be the lowest point and all of the vegetable oil will sit right there and sometimes do it's magic. Any water in the tank and the oil will float on top accomplishing nothing.

Yep, that's the problem with most oils - Since they're lighter than water, they float away after they're submerged.

Vaseline is also slightly lighter than water, but has better "stickyness" than most oils.

Heated to 140 degrees F, it pours like water.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
relaxin wrote:
located the dump valve and cut open the underbelly, took off the calbe and the valve moves freely, so cable is seized, strange for a 3 year old unit hardly used. held the handle end lightly in a vise and gave it a good dose of penetrating oil a few times over several hours, let it sit overnight, and still stuck,,, FN@#!#%& !!! so ordered a new one, unfortunately only comes with the valve at $180 (cdn)

I ordered just the cable and T-handle off Amazon Canada.

Valterra Waste Valve Cable
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

travelRVforever
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
YEP I said BYE, BYE to remote valves and relocated to an easy location with standard Valterra "T" handle valves.

Great place to buy Valterra parts if you are looking for anything they sell is valterraparts.com, they have everything!

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
msmith1.wa wrote:
I replaceded the braided cables on mine with these last year after one broke.

These are a thin single piece similar to an electritian's fish tape.

cable

I had to operate on the underbelly on my trailer also a few years ago ( not medically certified in my province but oh well....) due to similar issue with the handle. Was a pain to cut section of chloroplast out and get to the issue. I replaced with the one shown above also.

msmith1_wa
Explorer
Explorer
I replaceded the braided cables on mine with these last year after one broke.

These are a thin single piece similar to an electritian's fish tape.

cable
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Does the handle possibly have a threaded keeper end to help keep it closed? Are you able to turn the cable or handle with it disconnected from the valve?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
A long time ago in a land far away the wizened ancient ones entrusted me with their knowledge of keeping valves operating.

Google something like Zerk fitting in rv holding tank valve, bit of grease every now and then and no issues. Or search this forum.

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer

Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the tank is empty and the RV is level the valve will be the lowest point and all of the vegetable oil will sit right there and sometimes do it's magic. Any water in the tank and the oil will float on top accomplishing nothing.
This has worked for me. Good luck.
Puma 30RKSS