cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford Parts

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if accessories.ford.com is a Ford Company site? It looks authentic but I would like input.
12 REPLIES 12

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
I have purchased a couple of items from the - Ford Accesories webpage

Thanks for that link!

I have purchased a couple of items from the - Ford Accesories webpage
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
This is FORD Motor Company web site. Dealers will have their own sites.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
thomasmnile wrote:
OP: FWIW, if you scroll to the bottom of the webpage you reference, there is a 'copyright mark' and date of 2022 followed by Ford Motor Company. Whether it's run by Ford or 3rd party via licensing agreement, who knows...
I would assume they ship genuine OEM Ford parts.

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
OP: FWIW, if you scroll to the bottom of the webpage you reference, there is a 'copyright mark' and date of 2022 followed by Ford Motor Company. Whether it's run by Ford or 3rd party via licensing agreement, who knows...

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

I guess what I should have said is that Ford is the only one that can LEGALLY use the logo/trademark, but anybody can use any domain name they want to once they own it.

TRUE !

That does not mean that they don't license the name and logo to third parties. A couple of years ago there were Ford branded generators. The only thing Ford about them as the name and the logo.

Yup. Licensing = legal

Just like crappy watches with designer names on them. Those designers probably know less about watches than I do (but China can still crank em' out by the thousands!)
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer

I guess what I should have said is that Ford is the only one that can LEGALLY use the logo/trademark, but anybody can use any domain name they want to once they own it.

TRUE !

That does not mean that they don't license the name and logo to third parties. A couple of years ago there were Ford branded generators. The only thing Ford about them as the name and the logo.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
Looks legitimate to me. Only Ford can use the ford.com domain.

Only Ford can use the Ford logo/trademark, but anyone can buy any domain if it's available. I could buy Amazon.com if it came up for sale and I had enough $$$$$ to buy it!

Inversely, anyone can use anyone's logo/trademark in their sales pitches, as evidenced by all the spam texts and emails that show those logos but are obviously not those companies. A quick click on the sender's email address of something legitimate looking from Visa card might show an actual email address of something like &%(^(@&$(@(*$&&visa.mysite.com. Obviously not Visa.

And yes, you could buy and use the Ford domain if you had the money, and if it was available, but not until Ford agrees to sell it.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
BB_TX wrote:

Only Ford can use the Ford logo/trademark, but anyone can buy any domain if it's available. I could buy Amazon.com if it came up for sale and I had enough $$$$$ to buy it!

Inversely, anyone can use anyone's logo/trademark in their sales pitches, as evidenced by all the spam texts and emails that show those logos but are obviously not those companies. A quick click on the sender's email address of something legitimate looking from Visa card might show an actual email address of something like &%(^(@&$(@(*$&&visa.mysite.com. Obviously not Visa.

And yes, you could buy and use the Ford domain if you had the money, and if it was available, but not until Ford agrees to sell it.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad