cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bedroom slide bind

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
I have an issue with our bed slide with the Bal-Accu system installed. Problem is that the top left and bottom right corners are in a bind and have destroyed the wipes. On inspection, I have found that the sill is running down towards the front the king studs are plumb. So, I am thinking to take the box out of the bind I would have to shim up the rollers by at least 1/4"+ on the first one then a 1/8" on the second one, which I don't think is likely to do no space to get at the screws or I have some three-roller plates which I could shim too different thicknesses to create the run on the sill. One other thing that came to mind was to buy a J-36 roller and fix the outside wall. Thoughts, please.
Make sense?
2017 Landmark Arlington 365
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500 c/c LWB.
11 REPLIES 11

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
I have worked on and FIXED Dozens of Accu Slide systems. And YES, I have no idea what you are talking about:B Download this link and watch the various video's and see if that does not help you. Doug

https://balrvproducts.com/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml

Hey Doug.
I bought three lengths of aluminum for the roller plates and I was going to shim the center one up by a 1/8" then on the other one by a 1/4"so as to create a run on the sill this was just to take the corners away from the studs, so as not to shear the wipes. The rough out does appear to be out of square by at least 7/16"/ 1/2".Jacking up the low end does take the floor away from the internal wipe don't like that idea.
Your thoughts please being you worked on these Accu-slides.
Den.

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
So, as I don't destroy the new set of wipes, I have bought three-roller plates to fix under the floor for rollers to run on, then shim them up to create the run on the sill to take out the bind until I can get the frame straightened and remove the shims.
Thoughts.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Possibly the bent frame is causing your slide problem?

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
I was told that the gap on either side of the box outside wall should be 5/8" and I haven't got that.

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
I still have a bent frame to deal with still when I can make the trip to the AZ fabricators.

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately attention to detail and the words plumb, level, straight, or square do not exist in the vocabulary of the mass producing midwest RV manufacturers. They have a hard time getting so much as a decal straight. They also could care less what happens as soon as the sale is made.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
Not Shure what is meant by racked, I thought that the box was a parallelogram but, on a check, it is not the box is just laying down to the left outside view.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm struggling to understand the problem, even with the photos. Since the top left and bottom right is binding, the first thing I'd check for is the slide box racked.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer

Ok, Sir.
Let's hope these pictures tell my story. you will I tried to jam in the new seals with no room for the flip in one picture? I had thought that the bottom sill weld was broken but I think it was welded in wrong.
Den.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I have worked on and FIXED Dozens of Accu Slide systems. And YES, I have no idea what you are talking about:B Download this link and watch the various video's and see if that does not help you. Doug

https://balrvproducts.com/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml