cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

receptacles not working

SM49
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Four Winds 28 class c, the receptacle over the sink & the outside receptacle quit working, checked the breakers, labeling on breakers does not seem accurate
5 REPLIES 5

jy
Explorer
Explorer
My outside plug would get damp if rain hit it just right causing the gfci to trip.I would have to dry out the outside plug with compressed air or you could use a hair dryer.
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Our GFI was in the bathroom, same scenario.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my Cambria there was a reset on the inverter that would trip. I used that plug for my coffee grinder and nothing else. Difficult to see that it tripped as it was all brown.

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
Yup, sounds like you have a GFCI that needs to be reset
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Find the outlet that has the test/reset buttons on it. They are always hooked to the outlets by the sink and outside. Press the reset button.
If it resets and then kicks off again right away unplug everything plugged into that circuit and try again. If it resets, one at a time plug in the items you have unplugged. One of them will likely cause the ground fault and need to be replaced.

If it won't reset at all you do not have electric to the circuit and need to start at the breaker box.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500