cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Cover suggestions

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
Got a 1988 Class C 27ft. Struggling with small roof leaks and sun beating on the fiberglass. Would like to cover it when I'm not using it.
Reviews seem mixed on covers. Anyone happy with their cover?
7 REPLIES 7

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
Extra straps are key. Otherwise, it can be a parachute. Thanks

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just use those links for mfgโ€™s that people have used.

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
Read the whole thing. It goes back and forth pros and cons just like I'm thinking.
The article reenforces my confusion. Lol

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m happy with my National RV Cover Goldline. CW has some that look acceptable too. And I use six extra straps in addition to the cover clipsโ€ฆon a 23 foot box.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice. I hear what your saying about fixing the leaks. The problem is if something happens in the winter or like right now where it's raining 30 days and 30 nights in Maryland I can't do anything about it.
But the RV came with a very light fabric cover and the winds ripped the thing apart and blew it off so you really have to strap it down big time

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
When i covered my rv it was a two man job. It would be best to keep a close eye on the cover to make sure it doesn't loosen-up and start causing damage. I have found over the years. Fix the leaks. Use an rv roof coating thats uv resistant.

In general covering an rv is not the easiest thing to accomplish due to the bulk and weight of the fabric. But that will depend on the fabrics weight. Covering it on a calm day will be an advantage. Think about using a second able person. You will probably need a โ€˜weighted bagโ€™ to toss the straps under the rv in order to secure it from wind and rubbing.

I dont think any rv cover is completely waterproof.
I would avoid using plastic tarps bc they do not breathe, are not uv resistant and often do not fit well causing the tarp to rub . The wind will be the enemy. You need to watch and protect the 4 corners.

Rv covers are like anything else, you get what you pay for. You need to decide how much you are willing to spend and how often you might need to do it over again. If you plan to do this for a few years then buy a better cover.
I will link you to a top line cover that you will get years of service from.

Keep in mind that other cover mfgโ€™s offer different grades of their covers. The ABC cover might not be good but the ABC ELITE cover might work well enough.

https://calmarkcovers.com/