Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-90 West through Cleveland

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Leaving soon and driving through Cleveland westbound on I-90. Any advice on avoiding the city and then continuing on I-90 to Elkhart, In? Will be towing a 30' travel trailer.

Thank you
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)
7 REPLIES 7

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
cbshoestring wrote:

Just pay attention to the 45 MPH curve in the heart of the city.

Will do, thanks

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Really is no good way around the city. You can drop 271 south, pick up 480 west...but it is just as congested. So why add miles with no added benefit.

Just pay attention to the 45 MPH curve in the heart of the city.

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll drive straight through. Likely be between 10:00am and 2:00 PM.

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
midnightsadie wrote:
just stay in your lane and set your own speed been this rt lot of times. after 10am till about 2pm .I tow a 26ft boat thru there ,ain,t no good time. 3am worked good .

I agree with midnightsadie. We travel this route a few times a year with our 45' coach and toad. I have yet to be through the city and metro area without some traffic incident slowing us down, sometimes considerably. That said, I have not found an alternative that makes any better time.

Just take your time and as usual, keep an eye out for the expected erratic drivers.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
just stay in your lane and set your own speed been this rt lot of times. after 10am till about 2pm .I tow a 26ft boat thru there ,ain,t no good time. 3am worked good .

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
8:00 to 02:00 in the evening, tag a truck, and see if you can keep up.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Skip rush hour