cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dog food

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few months ago we switched our 8 year old lab to fresh pet dog food. What a difference. She ate dry Iams before and was starting to get itchy scabby spots. Now that is all cleared up and he’s coat Is shiny and she is no longer plump. Lol

Anyway, when we leave in our motorhome for a couple months I’m thinking it may not be easy to keep enough of that fresh dog food in the refrigerator. Is there a canned food that would be kind of equivalent to the Fresh pet?
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
8 REPLIES 8

S1n1st3r
Explorer
Explorer

Also, look for pet food that is clearly marked, "made in the USA".  It is the safest way to ensure safe ingredients.

RJ Follmer

TomGould
Explorer
Explorer
I have a very picky dog and he doesn't eat much!
found some tips for me here
thank you all
ps. i am also looking to hire someone to do my homework if anybody can help me with that I will be more that glad to you!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Fresh Pet can be frozen with the only change being the color of the product. No nutritional loss.
(as per website).
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pet nutrition has advanced rapidly in the last 10 years. We feed a lot of chicken, some vegetables, and some quality kibble underneath. My last Border Collie could still run at 16 when she passed. We lost our Corgi at 17 1/2. Food matters when it comes to dogs.

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
Fresh Pet has been in very short supply throughout the pandemic. For a little while I thought it was getting better, but it seems to be regressing now. I know all the stores in my area to check, but I wouldn't want to have to hunt it constantly in strange territory.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
go to the freshpet website and look for a retailer near your location.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Couldn't you find Fresh Pet retailers along the way?
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
I'd look at the first five or six ingredients in the Fresh Pet and then look for a canned food that has close to the same ingredients, especially the primary protein and carb sources. That's no guarantee, of course. But it's how I'd approach the search.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K