cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cricket golf cart for a rv

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
thinking of getting a cricket cart,there about half the size of a reg cart. there hauled on a carrier that goes in the 2in reciever. any pros or cons? on the back of a sprinter liesure travel van .
9 REPLIES 9

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
I get the wee-bee-gee-bees when I see a lot of cantilevered weight on a hitch on any vehicle, but most especially with a class B or C motorhome. It doesn't sit right with me. A couple of bicycles or a light storage carrier is one thing, but a 400+ pound mini-golf cart hanging 2 to 3 feet away from the connection? Not so much. Consider that with the inherent leverage, it is going to be a lot more than 500 pounds at the point of connection.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dusty R wrote:
Seams like I've seen a hitch platform with caster wheels.

Yes, i forgot about those carriers. That would be a Swivelwheel carrier. The single wheel model is $2200, the dual wheel model is $3800. On both models they use an 8โ€ wheel. I don't know anyone who has used one and have never seen one being used while on the road. But , i guess it could be an option for the OP.

Some CGโ€™s offer carts to rent as you need them. Some will charge you if you use your own. It has to be worth the investment to do this.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Seams like I've seen a hitch platform with caster wheels.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
midnightsadie wrote:
thinking of getting a cricket cart,there about half the size of a reg cart. there hauled on a carrier that goes in the 2in reciever. any pros or cons? on the back of a sprinter liesure travel van .

Have you ever weighed your rv all loaded for a trip ?

Do you know that your rear axle and tire rating will support the weight of the cart, batteries, the addition of a rack and hitch head to haul it ?

Measure the dimensions of the cart to see how long the hitch shaft needs to be,
to fit the cart and rack so it does not hit the rv.

I would think the longer the shaft length needs to be will determine how the whole package removes weight off the front axle. That will determine how it will affect handling of the rv.

People tow cars all 4 down bc it has no hitch weight. What you want to do is hitch weight.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I see they are powered with 3 12 volt batteries. that's a whole lot of weight before you add on the weight of the unit.
bumpy

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
bumpy no ,first time I heard of them was sat.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked into these a few years back,I liked the only one I got to see.

Here are some threads here that discuss them.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
I looked at the specs briefly. At 400-480 pounds it might be a little heavy, that depends on the weight capacity of your hitch and vehicle. The class C I used to have had a hitch weight capacity of just 300 lbs, yours might be more.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I "assume" that is the same one discussed a couple of years back. IIRC had a choice of battery or gas. could move battery to RV to reduce load on hitch. don't remember any complaints/problems with it.
bumpy