cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hundreds of CD's many in original packaging, mostly country

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you recommend, I try to get rid of them?
16 REPLIES 16

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I was just talking to a retired friend who helps at the library. They have a used book sale, and accept used books from people for the sale. In the recent past they tried accepting and selling used CDs but literally no one wanted them. He took them all to the dump.

Kind of a shame, but it is what it is.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
rip them to file

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
All our vinyl dating back to the 60's went to local hospital resale store. Still have 300+ CDs sana their cases in fllexible vinyl books. Everything is also logged on the computer but its old and could fail. Also have several USBs but have had those get damaged of just fail.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
Great for target practice.

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
You might try a recommerce site
"...Recommerce companies like momox, rebuy, musicMagpie or ThredUp..."
more info: https://medium.com/actoncapital/recommerce-the-new-old-b95df04e05fb
That is an old article from 2017; I don't know who the big players in that market are these days, or if it even still exists. I sold a number of DVDs back in 2016 to one of their german counterparts, I believe it was rebuy. What they did not take, I gave away. It was a straightforward process; scan the cover/barcode with your phone and get an instant quote (or not, in many cases, which probably means there isn't much market for the item).

At the time, I decided to keep my CDs. I stored them in cardboard CD boxes which store about 30 each, and I made an archive using the MusicBuddy app. I only takes a few seconds for each CD and you get the title, artist and full track listing in a database. If I ever need any of them again, I'll know where to find it.

(I'm not affiliated with any of the sites/products mentioned)
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Supposedly LPs have had a bit of a "comeback", but not CDs.

Try giving them away on social media. Try Goodwill (we loved those stores when younger with little kids!). Just sort of ask around.

CDs have gone the way of VHS tapes and cassettes. I feel old saying that!

rk911 wrote:
your nearest Goodwill store.

Agree with donating to Goodwill. Unless, you know some have collectable value and willing to spend the effort to monetize them.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
donate them to your local library
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I like country musicโ€ฆ And still got an old truck and our boat have CD players.
Whadaya got?
(Lest this be considered a For Sale add and spark another rvnet complaint session, what transpires between me and bigred is not to be construed as a sale. Iโ€™m just browsingโ€ฆlol)
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Fire would work. Bad for the environment though. Just toss them in the garbage. Sorry.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Sold my old CDs and old vinyl records at Half Price Books. Didnโ€™t get much for them but at least others will get use of them.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I too suggest one of the following:
If you want to realize some income: A used record/CD store
If you want the tax write off Salvation Army or some other donation location like habit for America or your local church if they hold a rummage sale.

Personally I'm not a fan of Goodwill but they are ok too.

I do often browse the music racks at SA or a church or two.

My parish (Catholic Church) has their big "Garage type" sale starting May 19.

You can also donate to many libraries. There used to be a serious advantage to that here in MI. but alas......
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
PartyOf Five wrote:
Look for a used music or record store in the next town you visit. They might give you a little bit for each, or make you a package deal -and turn around and sell them for a couple bucks each.

i tried that a few months back with our old LP's and CD's. I had hundreds of them. one place in town wanted to SEE them to judge condition. best case, unless I had something special, was $0.25-$0.50 each. it was not worth the effort to pack them up and schlep them to that store. So I gave most away on MyFreecle.com and Nextdoor.com. the few that were not taken went to Goodwill.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Look for a used music or record store in the next town you visit. They might give you a little bit for each, or make you a package deal -and turn around and sell them for a couple bucks each.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.