cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 Ford Ranger Flat Towing?

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about getting back into a motor home, before I towed a Saturn. If I do get back in I would like a flat tow midsize truck. I saw a reference that the 2022 Ford Ranger was flat towable with an option. Anybody know what that is?

I’ll ask a dealer, but they’re not always the sharpest pencil in the drawer when it comes to flat towing. Again it’ll be a 2022 4wd Ranger.

TIA
There’s no fool, like an old fool.
10 REPLIES 10

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
The Ranger, 4WD, is all four down towable. eTrailer is a good source...they not only have done many installs, but have great how-to videos on those exact trucks. I just watched a few on the Ranger a few days ago.

Must be 4WD, and able to be put in drivetrain neutral (different from transmission neutral) via the 4WD selector knob. We once had a truck that did not show N on the knob, but you had to click it like 5 times to make it happen.

Anyway, check out eTrailer for info.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
John&Joey wrote:
MountainAir05 wrote:
max speed of 35 and max tow distance is 50 miles, so NO no matter which transmission. Page 229 on the manual.

That’s nuts unless that’s referring to a standard Ranger without the “option.”

Take it you did not read page 229 and 230.

I figured you were talking from experience, which I was looking for. Sounds like you were just quoting.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
IB853347201 wrote:
The 2022 4 wheel drive Ford Ranger is towable 4 wheels down. Many are out there behind MH's right now.

https://fourwheeltrends.com/ford-ranger-can-the-ranger-be-flat-towed/

Thank you

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Per the 2022 Ford Towing Guide the 2022 Ranger 4WD is flat towable.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Check with Ford, the only reliable source, and be accurate as to all specs.

Because “Many are out there behind MH's right now” doesn’t make it four down towable without damage.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
max speed of 35 and max tow distance is 50 miles, so NO no matter which transmission. Page 229 on the manual.

Very strange ! On that page, it states exactly what you said. Then it talks about "recreational towing" (commonly referred to as 4 wheel down"), so it does not make sense to me.

Google "2022 Ranger Owners Manual" and read that page yourself.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
John&Joey wrote:
MountainAir05 wrote:

Take it you did not read page 229 and 230.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
The 2022 4 wheel drive Ford Ranger is towable 4 wheels down. Many are out there behind MH's right now.

https://fourwheeltrends.com/ford-ranger-can-the-ranger-be-flat-towed/
2010 Suncruiser

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II