Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Just give me the bad news.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Just give me the bad news.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/22 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Didn’t even think aboot rodents. That could be a more likely cause than water damage , unless the OP seen more evidence that has not come across in the written word…

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It runs perfectly now.

There is no evidence of rodent activity, just mold and moisture in the cab.

When I went to move it water trickled out from under the dashboard on to the floor mats.

There is no insurance on the truck. The policy expired and I could neither renew nor cancel it. Only basic liability coverage on the property too. Insurance rates were bankrupting my folks, and they had everything pared down to the bare minimum and still paying $2000 a year on the property.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well then I would get a dehumidifier and run it in their for a few days. Empty the bin often. You’ll be surprised how much water you can pull out like that!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mkirsch wrote:

It runs perfectly now.

There is no evidence of rodent activity, just mold and moisture in the cab.

When I went to move it water trickled out from under the dashboard on to the floor mats.

There is no insurance on the truck. The policy expired and I could neither renew nor cancel it. Only basic liability coverage on the property too. Insurance rates were bankrupting my folks, and they had everything pared down to the bare minimum and still paying $2000 a year on the property.

Meaning the issues have gone away, or just that it runs fine like you originally said?
With respect to insurance, presuming you’ve inherited the truck and it’s now in your name, if you don’t want or can’t deal with the issues yourself, then go put full coverage on it. And then turn it in to insurance in a couple months.
Good news that no rodent damage, but are you sure? It would not be in the cab likely. Newer vehicles are pretty well sealed up.
Plus some of the problems could just be GM electrical glitches. I’ve had a couple of that gen GM pickups and they’re finicky/fickle, IMO. I’ve had stuff “lock up” namely all the touch screen functions and the physical buttons that are redundant.
My old 2016 company truck. Got it “new” but it spent a year parked out in the rain first.
It leaked inside and I removed mildew from carpet and surfaces. Where from? Idk. It didn’t do it again once it was being used daily.

* This post was edited 05/10/22 12:05pm by Grit dog *

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Meaning the issues have gone away, or just that it runs fine like you originally said?
With respect to insurance, presuming you’ve inherited the truck and it’s now in your name, if you don’t want or can’t deal with the issues yourself, then go put full coverage on it. And then turn it in to insurance in a couple months.
Good news that no rodent damage, but are you sure? It would not be in the cab likely. Newer vehicles are pretty well sealed up.
Plus some of the problems could just be GM electrical glitches. I’ve had a couple of that gen GM pickups and they’re finicky/fickle, IMO. I’ve had stuff “lock up” namely all the touch screen functions and the physical buttons that are redundant.
My old 2016 company truck. Got it “new” but it spent a year parked out in the rain first.
It leaked inside and I removed mildew from carpet and surfaces. Where from? Idk. It didn’t do it again once it was being used daily.

Do you know how to spell fraud?

CapnCampn

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Yep, it's spelled M-A-T-T. I still like his channel, but that was pretty shady.

Sorry for the sidetrack, though it does deal directly with insurance fraud.

Fix the truck! [emoticon]

CC

* This post was edited 05/10/22 03:35pm by CapnCampn *

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CapnCampn wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

CC

I can go the other way and tell you how insurance companies don’t want to pay a legitimate claim because they feel they don’t have to. Or take short cuts to fix a car. I’ve had the writer call a customer to have their car towed out because I wouldn’t work on it. I don’t want a shoddy (unsafe) repair with my name on it!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 10:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Yeah it's spelled F the insurance company!
If I thought for a second they were honest and forthright all the time, I may feel differently. But...they're not, so whatevs.

Or rewind this thread a couple days and picture this.
"I inherited this truck, got it titled tagged and insured. Went to get it out of storage months later and it has ______ issues from a water leak. I believe I'll call my insurance company."

Heck, idk if they'll even cover it. Not my ins and not my truck. But wouldn't lose a minute of sleep if it was AND I could get it covered, if that's what needed done.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 10:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for the off topic, but I could share a few stories, however the best one is, just got married and bought a house.
Had home and car ins with ___ (I don't remember). Had to change car ins due to rate hike. (For years, my parent's insurance record was used against me, same first name as Dad, oops our mistake, rates still jacked)
Got a quote for car and home with Allstate. Liked the car rate, not the house. They pressured us to add the house too. Only signed the car policy. Month later I get a notice from our lender that our insurance has lapsed and about the same day, get a bill for the annual premium for our house...from Allstate! Ooops
There's more. But fortunately we haven't had any losses or claims in a long time (knock on wood), so no recent experience getting the shaft from an insurance co.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/22 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

CapnCampn wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

CC

I can go the other way and tell you how insurance companies don’t want to pay a legitimate claim because they feel they don’t have to. Or take short cuts to fix a car. I’ve had the writer call a customer to have their car towed out because I wouldn’t work on it. I don’t want a shoddy (unsafe) repair with my name on it!

Back when I was working auto service trucks, some of the AAA calls could of been questioned.
And my pickup has a slightly bent front bumper because I prefer it to aftermarket the fool's insurance would pay for.
And I'm fairly sure that many business fires are caused by overheated insurance policies.
But the fact is the insurance industry will never loose because of fraud. Any loss will be made up by increase in rates for us all.
A better idea, IMHO, would be ask everybody that thinks society should pay for this damage, instead of personal responsibility, just write the OP a check, keep insurance and the rest of us out of the deal

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Just give me the bad news.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.