cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My key fob quit working

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
The key fob for my 2018 PleasureWay Sprinter built on a 2017 chassis has quit working even though I put in new batteries and cleaned the contacts that are accessible. In the beginning the problem was sporadic and now it's totally dead. I've also tried different new batteries with no luck. Mercedes says new key fob not available until January of 2023 at a cost of $218+programing.

I've tried to take the unit apart for removing the board but no luck.I think it's glued together. Are there any companies that repair these? Have any of you had your key fobs repaired? Has anyone successfully disassembled their MB Sprinter key fobs?
11 REPLIES 11

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
just wondering, did you find one?

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

😛

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
for what it's worth, i have a 2015 mercedes suv and needed a fob, i tried every angle i could but found mercfdes has you by the tail for newer models. i just got one from mercedes of louisville ky. they had them in stock but it was 639.00.that included programming and it only took about an hour.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

😛

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj: thanks for the link but those three are not the style of key fob I have.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
ernie1 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Since my fob is newish(2017), I'm not finding a suitable replacement from Amazon or anyone. I'd like to be able to further disassemble the fob to access the circuit board but am not having luck and think the unit must be glued together.

3 here on eBay with the lowest at $50:

eBay fobs

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Since my fob is newish(2017), I'm not finding a suitable replacement from Amazon or anyone. I'd like to be able to further disassemble the fob to access the circuit board but am not having luck and think the unit must be glued together.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
deleted

markandkim
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buy fobs on amazon. Transfer the circuit board and batteries to the new fob.
All set.
At least with RAM fobs.
Check it out.
Retired Navy

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7L
2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Batteries Plus will fix and reprogram older key fobs. Newer ones require going back to the dealer.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Call a locksmith that programs keys, they might be able to find fobs. My son bought his first car, a used Volvo with push start a couple years ago. The dealer only had one key fob. The locksmith wanted $200 for 1 key fob. We were able to find key fobs on Amazon, $70 for 2. They look identical to the OEM key fob. The same locksmith charged $50 to program them.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has listings for key fobs, I went there for new ones for my jeep. You likely will have to take it to a locksmith for programming after purchase. Have either the vehicle or at least the VIN with you when you go.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check with the key fobs are us companies (not their real name) but there are companies that have fobs for dang near everything.. I know a new key for my Jeep is 50 bucks (but it is likely a different type) and I do not know how they match/program them. Sorry I did NOT bookmark the url.. I found 'em with Google.

Find out what models of Mercedes use the same fob and google for it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times