cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windshield replacement at our site...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last week we went to Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood Arizona. Two weeks ago on our previous camping trip to Buckskin Mountain State Park on the Colorado River I picked up a small chip on the lower left edge of our windshield. This became a crack about 6" long and the guy from the local Satelite said it was too large/close to the edge to repair and he said it might be OK for a while. Halfway to Cottonwood it began to grow.

I called several "local" repair shops {the internet lies} and found myself talking to Clear Glass out of Phoenix and Safellite who both quoted me $360 for a replacement for our 2011 Ford E-350 chassis {24' Class C}. I finally found Red Rock Auto Glass in Cottonwood and he said he would come to our site at Dead Horse at 9 the next day.

This would be the third windshield replacement for our coach {the joys of driving in the southwest and especially Arizona} so I knew it was a simple job. They showed up and in 45 minutes did an outstanding job replacing the windshield and correcting some sloppy work done the last time. The charge was $250 cash/$260 with a CC and I opted for the card. I was so impressed with their work I tipped them $20 and still came out $80 ahead vs the corporate chains.

If you are anywhere near Cottonwood/Sedona/Camp Verde and need a new windshield give Red Rock Auto Glass a call {928 300-1329}. these guys were awesome!

:B
2 REPLIES 2

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
I love hearing good reviews. If you will post it on RV Service Reviews it will help others and give the company a boost, too.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Microlite_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you found a great company to take care of your windshield.

I used to own a Ford E-150 (similar windshield to yours) which had a huge appetite for windshields. I went through one a year. All failed due to a small chip near the edge that spread across the rest.

Seems like the aerodynamics of that van caused just about any rock tossed into the air to be literally sucked down and towards the edges. The "glass guys" told me that the Ford Econoline windshields kept them in business.

Even tried a 'deflector' mounted on the front of the hood.

Now that I have a pickup with a longer hood I have only had one windshield suffer from rock damage and that's over the same roads as my old van, 125,000 miles, and 18 years.
"Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway."

~ Albert Einstein