cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News

dturm
Multiple good news items after a couple of difficult years.

As many of you know, we lost Sasha at the end of January at a young age due to kidney failure. As luck and fate conspired together, we now have a great new Golden thanks to Love a Golden rescue from St. Louis, MO.

Meet Winnie (not sure if she was named after Winnebago, Winefred or Winnie the Poo). She's about the same age as Sasha and has fit in perfectly

The second bit of good news: After a 1 1/2 year hiatus from RVing, we're back in the motorhome.

We're back because of the third bit of good news, Sandy had a knee replacement Feb 14 and is able to walk and climb stairs - just about back to "normal." Her recovery has been amazing and the surgery option one of the best decisions we've made. Her knee was so bad that she was just about wheel chair bound (one of the reasons we weren't able to RV).

Her surgery was done by the Rush Orthopedic group (those of you around the Chicago area may be familiar with Rush Hospital).
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV
10 REPLIES 10

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations on all counts. Glad your wife had the knee surgery. Those procedures provide a lot of relief. Welcome to Winnie; she looks like a Winner.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Great news all around!! Happy travels 🙂
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on all your good news and back to RV'ing with a healthy wife and great new companion dog.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Winnie is so beautiful and such a great addition to your loving family. Also congrats on Sandy's knee surgery! My neighbor has his done in March and is doing well! Yay for modern medicine!

I'm heading out Friday with Brendon. We are camping with my daughter's family in Virginia, then I am heading to Indiana for graduations!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
Great news about Winnie and Sandy! We are sure looking forward to meeting Winnie. 🙂

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Congrats on everything. Happy and safe travels.

Y-Guy
Congrats on the new furry family member and for continued health & wellness, enjoy RVing again too!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome! We all could use some good news right now!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations all around
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Winnie!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad