cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We all use different ways.

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
To the folks who just showed up in the 43ft $200,000 fifth wheel, that costs double my house. you have a beautiful rig.
To the folks who are down in the woods in a bivvy tent, you guys are hard core, awesome setup down there.
To the folks who just pulled in with their 1979 c class with more rust than panel. I can only imagine the memories youโ€™ve made in that thing. I bet that dent has a story.
To the folks that took that last site that nobody wanted you pulled in, put down the seats in their mini van, and started cooking. Your dinner smells delightful.
Yโ€™all, we all camp differently, and we may not agree on it all, but we have to remember the only thing that matters is memories are being made, and youโ€™re getting 120% out of your time with your loved ones. You have to forget HOW you go camping, and remember WHY you go camping. THAT is camping my friends. Spread love at the campground this season.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.
18 REPLIES 18

Shadowcat
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad,
So sad that the (thankfully now x-wife) was upset over the pending death of her mother and was probably out of sorts with her manners, but happy for you that you got a new friend. Hopefully the 'now x-wife' has a new friend too.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Caveman Charlie wrote:
To the folks who just pulled in with their 1979 c class with more rust than panel. I can only imagine the memories youโ€™ve made in that thing. I bet that dent has a story..

Yโ€™all, we all camp differently, and we may not agree on it all, but we have to remember the only thing that matters is memories are being made, and youโ€™re getting 120% out of your time with your loved ones. You have to forget HOW you go camping, and remember WHY you go camping. THAT is camping my friends. Spread love at the campground this season.

Amen brother!!

I have a (now) very good friend that brought exactly this sentiment to mind, itโ€™s how I first met him (and his now thankfully ex-wife) years back at my โ€˜homeโ€™ park in central Florida. Itโ€™s a large condo type park, the lots are member-owned, and it has its own airport within the property.

They were renting a site near mine and having a loud squabble outside and it was obvious it was over staying or going. Everyone was doing their best to ignore them. Then I heard her say (yell) something like โ€œwe have to go home I may never see her againโ€œ to which he replied something like โ€œitโ€™s more than 10 hours driving and youโ€™re not going to get home on a plane any faster.โ€. I couldnโ€™t ignore that. I went over and (tried to) introduce myself and offered to help get them โ€˜thereโ€™ sooner. The missus snootily pointed at my 20+ years old C and said โ€œIn that?โ€

โ€œNoโ€ I said, โ€œin my plane.โ€ and pointed towards the airstrip. โ€œ10 hours driving is 2 hours flying, and we can be wheels up in 10 minutes. Where do you need to go?โ€

All the wife said was โ€œReally?โ€ and before I could finish nodding my head she was running into the m/h. I told the hubby to meet me at the strip and started heading that way myself.

Bottom line, in just over 2 hours we were in Jacksonville NC, she saw her Mom just a few hours before she passed, and I have a new friend.

BTW, he left her behind with her Mom, we went back home in time for a nice โ€˜bachelorsโ€™ steak dinner (on him) and we've been good friends ever since.

Donโ€™t judge a book by the coverโ€ฆโ€ฆ..

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Caveman Charlie wrote:
To the folks who just showed up in the 43ft $200,000 fifth wheel, that costs double my house. you have a beautiful rig.
To the folks who are down in the woods in a bivvy tent, you guys are hard core, awesome setup down there.
To the folks who just pulled in with their 1979 c class with more rust than panel. I can only imagine the memories youโ€™ve made in that thing. I bet that dent has a story.
To the folks that took that last site that nobody wanted you pulled in, put down the seats in their mini van, and started cooking. Your dinner smells delightful.

exactly. and we have been seeing an increase in tent campers over the last few years. Decades and decades ago the non tent camper was a rare site, then tents were rare, now tents seem to be making a comeback. We enjoyed tent camping for generations, as a kid with my folks, and with our kids as they grew up. Now we are in the trailer mode, but the memories of tent camping are still with us.

one of the best memories one of our daughters (and many of her friends) has is a birthday campout with her high school friends. It was along with us for a motorcycle event. She and about a dozen friends wanted to camp out. Many had never camped. Our group showed them how to set up tents, start fires, cook dinner.......Then the rain came, and came, and came.... all through the night. Even with our advice (which they didn't completely follow) the morning brought wet campers.... Yup, they learned. this was almost 30 years ago and she and her friends still talk with fond memories of the campout and most of the "never camped before" friends have since enjoyed outdoor activities and many have taken up camping.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Tinyandthegang
Explorer
Explorer
My first camping rig was a motorcycle and a $20 pup tent.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Charlie, that's probably the best post I've read on here in a long long time.
When I started RV'ing I thought I'd be looked down on by the guy in that $200,000 rig, but learned that he didn't look down on me any more than I didn't look down on the guy in the tent or popup.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
GizmosMom wrote:
RV.Net needs a Like or Love button! I would certainly press Love for your happy, positive post!

Why thank you!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Rich or poor, big or small, you gotta pull the handle for the smell to fall.

Camping is Camping, enjoy it any way you want to.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Well stated!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
RV.Net needs a Like or Love button! I would certainly press Love for your happy, positive post!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
well said, thank you.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thank godโ€ฆ.
I thought this was going to be another propane vs no propane thread! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a comfy seat for everyone to sit on.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Caveman Charlie wrote:

Horribly inappropriate by today's standards (and not really approved back then) but Dad had a new 1979 Blue Dodge Van with dents in the driver side door. Turns out mountain goats love starburst candy and will fight to get to the front of the line. Their hooves are rough on doors though.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Amen buddy!
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com