cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blu Ox tow bar

Retired_VSP
Explorer
Explorer
The blu ox tow bar is getting difficult to slide off and on the hitch. I've tried silicone but it still has to be forced in the hook.

Is there something I need...the tow bar is 12 years old.
Bobby and Lynda
Retired VSP and High School Counselor, respectively
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value".....Albert Einstein
5 REPLIES 5

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
The prior owners of our class A through in a 10K# Blue OX tow bar that is similar in age to yours, it was pretty stiff but when we drove back home after purchasing rig I was able to clean and lube. Functions quite well for it's age, maybe one day I will replace it but attaching/detaching toad takes but a couple of minutes, we leave Blue Ox locked in rig's hitch.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
My Blue Ox tow bar never leaves the receiver there is no hitch ball involved. I just store it in the folded position and it stays put. So I don't understand your predicament either?
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Retired_VSP
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your comments. Very helpful....safe travels.
Bobby and Lynda
Retired VSP and High School Counselor, respectively
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value".....Albert Einstein

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you saying it's hard to slide in and out of the receiver? This is fairly common. Wire brush the part that goes into the receiver.. Get rid of any rust or dirt. Then wire brush the receiver.

Though I had no luck finding it online I do recall...long time ago.. Finding wire brushes with square heads designed to brush out a 2" receiver...
Then oil it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
A new tow bar this one is past its useful life
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks