cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid in RV Parks

Shadowcat
Explorer
Explorer
I have a question about Covid. Hope this is the place to ask it. I'm a SR citizen, new to full-time rving. I am in a small RV Park in NM and yesterday the owner said a full-time rver had Covid. This guy was walking around talking to people as if he had the flu. And this is what people sitting around talking think about Covid, that it is just another flu. I don't share that theory and have had my vaccinations plus my booster. I'm older and have done what I could to keep myself safe as well as others around me. For some this situation may not be a problem, but if you have encountered this in your travels what have you done? I am leaving in two weeks so will stay here and keep to myself til I leave. I did not anticipate this as I thought RV Parks followed specific rules regarding health concerns.
Thanks for any answers. Shadowcat
56 REPLIES 56

dedmiston
azdryheat wrote:
I don't trust the government doctors or the CDC because they all lie about Covid. Masks and vaccines don't work and I have a dead wife to prove it. But Covid didn't stop us from travelling and enjoying life.

Hey there. I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. I've been sending you messages since you first mentioned that she got sick last fall. I had hoped that she recovered, but I'm so sorry to see that she didn't.

I've admired your posts for years and always appreciated the good times that you two had, even during the lockdowns.

I'm so sorry for your loss, brother. I can't imagine your pain.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I don't trust the government doctors or the CDC because they all lie about Covid. Masks and vaccines don't work and I have a dead wife to prove it. But Covid didn't stop us from travelling and enjoying life.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Shadowcat
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a retired crisis counselor who worked in high-risk environments. I retired two days before Covid. I was surprised and upset by the general public's attitude towards their personal health and lack of concern for others, including their own families. I am not so surprised now, but do need to monitor my own thoughts and feelings. Times have changed.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've known several people that have gotten covid and still go out into public to grocery shop, go to the malls etc. One of my favorites was someone who bragged about flying to their vacation with the flu, because it was paid for. It's easy to rationalize "your" behavior while putting others at risk

Shadowcat
Explorer
Explorer
The original post has now been answered. Appreciate the comments. Now maybe we can put this to bed.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
winnietrey wrote:
My thought is 100 years from now people will still be arguing about covid, where it came from, how many really died, and all the rest

To me this is all small picture stuff, truth is people do die from it, others get horribly sick, others get nothing more than the sniffles.

But end of the day, I hope people will keep their political and other beliefs out of their behavior, and just be cognizant their mild case, may cause death or significant health problems, to someone they infect. Kind of respect for your fellow man.

Post of the year!!!!
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
My thought is 100 years from now people will still be arguing about covid, where it came from, how many really died, and all the rest

To me this is all small picture stuff, truth is people do die from it, others get horribly sick, others get nothing more than the sniffles.

But end of the day, I hope people will keep their political and other beliefs out of their behavior, and just be cognizant their mild case, may cause death or significant health problems, to someone they infect. Kind of respect for your fellow man.

toedtoes wrote:
If the park owner is going around saying "see that guy there, he has Covid", then he should be responsible (rather than fear mongering) and simply inform residents as follows:

We currently have a case of Covid at this park. Please use established protocals to minimize the risk of spreading/getting Covid. If you have symptoms, please get yourself tested.

Thank you,
Management

Doing this would allow people to take precautions as they see fit, self-isolate if they are at high risk, and not become a gossip.

X2 ! ! That is how we handle any positive cases at our facilities…. We don’t run around saying - stay away from John Doe, he is positive…..,..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Shadowcat
Explorer
Explorer
That is the intelligent and professional way to handle a situation like this.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the park owner is going around saying "see that guy there, he has Covid", then he should be responsible (rather than fear mongering) and simply inform residents as follows:

We currently have a case of Covid at this park. Please use established protocals to minimize the risk of spreading/getting Covid. If you have symptoms, please get yourself tested.

Thank you,
Management

Doing this would allow people to take precautions as they see fit, self-isolate if they are at high risk, and not become a gossip.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
The park owner is not required to say anything. Anyone that is paranoid about covid should stay home and become a hermit.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Shadowcat
Explorer
Explorer
Cptnvideo; now you are being less than ......

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Do you get a "heads up" when you go to the grocery?
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Shadowcat
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby: You ask "What would I have the park do?" What I would have them do is simple. The owner of the park has a great deal to say about what goes on in his/her park. They have rules and regulations for the recreation areas (pools, etc), how late at night noise can go on, when you can and can't use facilities and on and on. These are not places where people can do anything they want. This guy's diagnosis came from him. I have worked my entire life where confidentiality was primary. All the owner has to do is say that a resident has Covid, please use your common sense. This is not exposing the person, but it is giving residents a 'heads-up'. So, that's what I'd have the park do. Nothing complicated or intrusive. Something that reminds people to think safety for themselves and others. And a reminder to the guy to think safety as well.