Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Shower Doors

debili
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
After searching you tube for about an hour decided this might be best place to ask...
Full timer here going into fifth year...Single older woman so this is a DIY project.
How the heck do I get the shower doors off???
I have the 20011 Jayco RTLS 351 I think that is it...
it is corner shower with round sliding glass doors the track is nearly impossible to keep clan and at this point I m think I would like to remove and just have a shower curtain...
Any Help???
13 REPLIES 13

debili
Explorer
Explorer
It is done I ripped the doors down they are gone with the garbage and replaced with this...needs to be hemmed no big deal...
sorry for the huge photos I resized them and used the link posted earlier but they are still huge 😞
Thanks again!!

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Our HitchHiker has curved shower doors. In the inside of the track there is a plastic block held in by two small screws on the top and bottom track. Remove this block and you will find an enlarged slot that the roller wheels will fit through. Roll the door to the slot and let the rollers come out and continue until the second set of rollers disengage from the slot.

I find getting the doors back in a two-person job. get the top rollers back in the track first and have the helper keep the top rollers in the track as you engage the lower roller. Next, reinstall the plastic blocks.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

debili
Explorer
Explorer
OKAY SHOWER DOORS BE GONE!!!
My daughter came today and helped me a bit with the doors. She got a few of the screws loose and then my patience ran out and I pretty much just ripped them off the track the rest of the way!

Thanks guys for your help...Now onto the next project 😉
Removing carpet UGH

debili
Explorer
Explorer

debili
Explorer
Explorer
ok it did not resize photos so I apologize

debili
Explorer
Explorer
Lets see if this works...trying to add photos there is no larger space at top of the tract to lift the rollers out

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
The center half of my glass enclosure was four glass panels that rolled. The design was easy enough to clean but I got tired of drying off all those glass sections so I replaced them with a curtain. I cut acrylic blocks to fit the track where the roller were to attach the curtain to. The curtain needed to be cut down narrower and shorter and I had my wifey sew a wide hem at the bottom so I could slide in weights. This is the third time I’ve replaced PITA doors with curtains and they are much better. Craig
Doors

Curtain
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I found this on rvforums.com

If they are like the curved shower doors in our MADP, there are two plastic guides at the bottom of the door, one at each end. They are removed by taking out a screw on each one. Without the guides in place, the doors lift up and off the track, then pull out. Reverse the procedure to re-install.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
We removed the glass shower doors in our 2019 Vilano 320 and put an articulating rod and curtain in it's place; best mod (of many) we've made. More room when you're in the shower, more room in bathroom when you're not, no cleaning glass doors, and no *trying* to clean the track.

Not sure how it would work with a corner shower though. Recommend you search out a manufacturer specific forum and see if others have done this.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Picture posting https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/15775751.cfm
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

debili
Explorer
Explorer
Well I have tried all that you both mention tooth brush sprays
we have well water here very limey I've used lime away Iron out but getting into the track is impossible!
It is a curved track with sliding doors if I can figure out how to upload a pic here...no I guess I can't there is no url for photos

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would use a vacuum and a brush to clean the tracks. My first camper had a curtain. It had a tendency to suck in against you when you were showering.

Most sliding doors have adjustment screws top and bottom near the rollers. By loosening the screws you should gain enough space to take the door out.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe find out who made the door and someone who is familiar with that product. Pictures?

Their might also be a way to partially disassembly the frame to remove the door.

Or other cleaning methods including sprays, brushes like tooth brushes etc?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob