cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No shortage of RVs

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
From south LA to TN there is no shortage of RVs. That covers all classes.
25 REPLIES 25

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
goducks10 wrote:
I'm hoping things get worse and more people want to quit RV'ing so I can finally book a site where and when I want.

They might be wishing the same when you book a site.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I'm hoping things get worse and more people want to quit RV'ing so I can finally book a site where and when I want.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
The economy is currently on a Nantucket sleigh ride. That wealth effect that many people felt is vanishing at a steady pace. RVING is a luxury that is getting harder and harder to justify in todayโ€™s economy for many.

This week the FED will increase interest rates again, and start shredding money via bond selling. Donโ€™t fight the FED if you know whatโ€™s good for you.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
Once the market adjusts deals will be available negotiate don't overpay, inflation is BS. Everyone is taking advantage of Covid and shortage hype to increase prices. Don't be surprise dealers will beg for customers/go out business, history will repeat itself.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Caveman -- "affordable" is subjective relative to the person buying the RV. The "high end" with more luxury options or custom RVs don't seem to be having much of a problem. But, then again, that is true most any time of the year.

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
From south LA to TN there is no shortage of RVs. That covers all classes.

No shortage,, but are they affordable ?? Maybe the reasons the lots are full are because people aren't willing to pay inflated prices !
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Snowpeke, you would think!! But maybe these retirees were spending their kids' inheritance.

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
With gas prices I think sales would be down.
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Ro'n'Joe -- Beach and I went to the Myrtle Beach RV Show back in October; Newmar had the sold sign on nearly all their units before we left. Newmar even had desks set up for their salesmen to complete paperwork, and there was a line, a very popular brand. I can understand why they are low on inventory and was impressed. If we had the tow vehicle for one of their fifth wheels, I would have bought it. Also, their motorhomes are high tech, such as improvements in turning radius. They have built a "better mouse trap."

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Not the case with Newmar. Dealer allotments cut way back and the reason why they aren't willing to deal. Was at the factory 2wks ago and one guy got just 16% off MSRP on his Dutch Star
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe not, if the bank won't finance it with a secured loan on the rig (to old etc.) They may be getting an unsecured personal loan. Goggle (Bank rate) says rates could be as high 36%. Not in my wildest dreams could I imagine doing that

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
restlessways wrote:
A 4.99% interest rate on an RV right now would probably be the prime rate for a buyer with the highest credit score, I would imagine. I had a brief conversation last year with a financing gal at one of the largest RV dealers on the west coast. I wasn't looking for credit, but I decided to chat her up to see what kind of financing was going on, and what she told me was truly stunning. She said that people were borrowing at rates of up to 19%. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

It may be possible they found a sucker with really bad credit and sent them to the local loan shark but 19% would be wildly out of the norm even with poor credit unless you go back to the days of Jimmy Carter.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

restlessways
Explorer
Explorer
jetboater454 wrote:
Dealer near me has a lot of campers and advertise a 4.99 % interest rate. Not worth looking at that interest rate,plus they pretty firm on their prices.

A 4.99% interest rate on an RV right now would probably be the prime rate for a buyer with the highest credit score, I would imagine. I had a brief conversation last year with a financing gal at one of the largest RV dealers on the west coast. I wasn't looking for credit, but I decided to chat her up to see what kind of financing was going on, and what she told me was truly stunning. She said that people were borrowing at rates of up to 19%. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Dealer near me has a lot of campers and advertise a 4.99 % interest rate. Not worth looking at that interest rate,plus they pretty firm on their prices.
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Microlite_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
wapiticountry wrote:
Itโ€™s spring. That is the time of the year almost all dealerships want to load up on inventory.

I think the point is...they have been able to load up on inventory rather than units being sold and out the door as soon as they arrive.

I suspect a lot of the "backlog" the manufacturers are hyping is filling inventory as opposed to actual sales.

Classic technique to help prop up prices. If people think there is still a shortage, they are less likely to drive a hard bargain but it's not sustainable if the lots are all full. Very quickly, dealers feel the cost of keeping inventory that's not selling.

With rapidly increasing inflation and the resultant price rises for materials, labor, fuel, and financing, there may be a new "backlog" on the horizon. Unsold units backing up at all levels of the "chain".

Unless one is awash in cash how many will plan on purchasing a new MH or TT only to end up with a high interest rate on the purchase contract, ridiculously high prices for fuel to drive/tow, and then increased costs for that space at your destination?
"Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway."

~ Albert Einstein