cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Terminal Block with Circuit Breakers

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
About 9 years ago I did did a really stupid thing. When installing the two 12v house batteries in my 1996 Georgie Boy Cruisemaster, I accidently reversed the polarity. Instant sparks at the battery as I was attaching the cable to the battery terminal. As a result many of the 12 volt lights in the motorhome did not work.

At that time the Georgie Boy factory was still in business. I called their tech support and the rep told me there may be any easy fix. He told me there is a terminal strip that has built in circuit breakers for each of the circuits attached to the strip. It was difficult to find the terminal strip and if I recall it was difficult to reach with my hand. I was able to push small reset buttons on the strip and all circuits once again worked. The circuit breakers on the terminal strip saved me.

I'm trying to locate that terminal strip once again and I have forgotten where it is located. If any of this makes sense to you, could you help by telling me where that terminal strip is located?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and hope someone can come to my rescue.
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
trailrider wrote:
Where are the house batteries? In the front behind the grill, under the steps or somewhere else?

Thanks for asking the question. Both house batteries are located to the in the basement to the left of the main entry steps. No fuses or breakers are located in this area.

trailrider
Explorer
Explorer
Where are the house batteries? In the front behind the grill, under the steps or somewhere else?
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD GAS!!!
1978 Chevrolet Silverado K20 4x4
2007 Komfort 277TS
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2018 Honda Rancher TRX420FA6
2017 Montesa 4RT260
2021 Honda CRF450X

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
You're probably looking for something like this . . .

My SeaView's fuses are in a basement compartment, but in previous RV it was on the driver's armrest and under a dash cover.

Ask on other forums for your particular make & model.

Thanks for the help. Actually I have the very same setup that you show in your photo. But, there also a terminal strip somewhere in the motorhome that has circuit breakers. But I cannot locate it. Darn, this is making me really feel stupid and old.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
You're probably looking for something like this . . .

My SeaView's fuses are in a basement compartment, but in previous RV it was on the driver's armrest and under a dash cover.

Ask on other forums for your particular make & model.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Can not help you with the location but may be able to help you find it.
Follow the POSITIVE battery lead.. if you have issues due to bundled cables get a harbor freight cable tracker (about 20 to 30 bucks) and track it with Tweedle Dee And Tweedle Dum (You'll understand when you use it)

And when done... The POSITIVE cable.> RED paint or tape or split loom or if it's a cable where you can free a small end heat shrink tubing.

Black on the negative cable.

Thanks for the advice. I'm totally baffled as to where the terminal block is located.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can not help you with the location but may be able to help you find it.
Follow the POSITIVE battery lead.. if you have issues due to bundled cables get a harbor freight cable tracker (about 20 to 30 bucks) and track it with Tweedle Dee And Tweedle Dum (You'll understand when you use it)

And when done... The POSITIVE cable.> RED paint or tape or split loom or if it's a cable where you can free a small end heat shrink tubing.

Black on the negative cable.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times