cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill motor for stabilizers

Rick_Y
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for recommendations on which cordless drill I should buy for raising and lowering my stabilizers. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Rick & Karen
2017 Hideout 177LHS travel trailer
2021 Ford Ranger w/tow package, named "Lil Toe"

Estu inteligenta, kaj parolu Esperanton
84 REPLIES 84

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I use the $20 cordless version from Harbor Freight HF Cordless Drill

Does the job just fine. It lives in the trailer.
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
I really believe that the reason so many camp in campgrounds within spitting distance of one another is that they are scared to be in the wild alone.... So they congregate on top of each other...

Uh...not quite. Maybe that's true where you live out there in the desert, but here in the more populated areas, you just can't pull off the road and set up camp wherever you like. If there's a spot in the Midwest where you can do that, I'd love to know about it. If I could find a place to camp like that, I'd go out and buy a cordless impact driver to keep the woodpeckers company.

Oh and don't forget the pool...a CG with a nice pool is a winner!
Ihave been back east (Michigan/Ohio) 3 times. I will agree that it is harder, but we managed to do OK. Not great, just OK.
Twice we went to Michigan to run our Dogs in the AKC Brittany National Championships.
I was very concerned about the camping situation, as when we stake out 5 hi energy Brittany field trial dogs after being kenneled for 12 hours... They are bound to do something to get us kicked out.
So I researched carefully and was able to find places that had elbow room.... And a couple of them even had dog people in charge of the grounds. They took a keen interest in what we were doing. It went very well and though at some spots we could see other campers, they were a couple hundred yards away.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boon Docker wrote:
Typical playground argument. :B

Yup. Valhalla must have a lot of time on his hands, he'll debate you about the price of potatoes in Peoria....you should see the thread over in fifth wheels about outside steps.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
It was an accurate description. We always wear sidearms when in remote areas.. Would it have made you feel better if I had left that out?

Why didn't you state what color t-shirt he was wearing?
Because I don't know what color it was. I am not making stuff up.... I do not "know" what he was having for dinner either... Odds are it was a Porterhouse, but I am not sure,,, so I left it out.

If you provide me with a list of things you want to know... I will call him and find out.

Wow, that went way over you head.

The point is the color shirt he was wearing, what he had for dinner or if he had a gun is irrelevant to your story...unless he was using the gun to threaten.
Well it would have been stupid to disarm himself to go talk to him. They were in the middle of nowhere, with no phone service. For all he knew the fella could have been an escaped convict. Remaining armed in such a situation is the prudent thing to do.... If you feel that was threatening, you must be scared a LOT.

One last time, then I'll drop it.

The question wasn't if he felt really scared, so needed to have a gun on him. The point was if no threats were made, the gun is irrelevant to the story (diesel or gas truck...also irrelevant)...hence, the only reason to include it was if someone made a threat and there was no indication in your story that the new guy made a threat, so the logical conclusion was he didn't just have it on him but used it as a tacit threat.

WTH!!! :h
What happened to this thread?!!!

Typical playground argument. :B

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Huntindog wrote:
I really believe that the reason so many camp in campgrounds within spitting distance of one another is that they are scared to be in the wild alone.... So they congregate on top of each other...

Uh...not quite. Maybe that's true where you live out there in the desert, but here in the more populated areas, you just can't pull off the road and set up camp wherever you like. If there's a spot in the Midwest where you can do that, I'd love to know about it. If I could find a place to camp like that, I'd go out and buy a cordless impact driver to keep the woodpeckers company.

Oh and don't forget the pool...a CG with a nice pool is a winner!

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
It was an accurate description. We always wear sidearms when in remote areas.. Would it have made you feel better if I had left that out?

Because I don't know what color it was. I am not making stuff up.... I do not "know" what he was having for dinner either... Odds are it was a Porterhouse, but I am not sure,,, so I left it out.

If you provide me with a list of things you want to know... I will call him and find out.

The point is the color shirt he was wearing, what he had for dinner or if he had a gun is irrelevant to your story...unless he was using the gun to threaten.
Well it would have been stupid to disarm himself to go talk to him. They were in the middle of nowhere, with no phone service. For all he knew the fella could have been an escaped convict. Remaining armed in such a situation is the prudent thing to do.... If you feel that was threatening, you must be scared a LOT.

The question wasn't if he felt really scared, so needed to have a gun on him. The point was if no threats were made, the gun is irrelevant to the story (diesel or gas truck...also irrelevant)...hence, the only reason to include it was if someone made a threat and there was no indication in your story that the new guy made a threat, so the logical conclusion was he didn't just have it on him but used it as a tacit threat.

The same thing that happens to every thread on this forum.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2 bathrooms, no waiting
17.5LRH commercial tires

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey you two, get a room! :B :B :B

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

Don't feed the trolls (libs), Huntindog...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Huntindog wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2 bathrooms, no waiting
17.5LRH commercial tires

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Huntindog wrote:

Why didn't you state what color t-shirt he was wearing? It would be "an accurate description" but you felt it was better to leave it out.

Yet, you felt the need to highlight that your buddy was wearing a gun and the guy ran scared.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be careful now, those threatening stabilizers can be scary. Be sure to always carry a big impact gun. :B