Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Drill motor for stabilizers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Drill motor for stabilizers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

Senior Member

Joined: 09/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 05/19/22 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Battery tools to raise and lower jacks/stabilizers has never been a issue in the 61 years I've been camping.
Guess I'm not camping in the right camp grounds to hear all the noisy annoying battery operated tools running early in a morning.
Noise bothering someone in a camp ground from a battery powered impact tool on a scale from 1 to 10 is about a 1..... maybe...JMO.


"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 04/04/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/19/22 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like a woodpecker on steroids. [emoticon]

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/20/22 07:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

Sounds like a woodpecker on steroids. [emoticon]
[emoticon] LMAO, good one, and very accurate description! [emoticon]


2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS - 32'

RV Rebuild Website
Site is live, finally launched Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:53 PM
.


dodge guy

Bartlett IL

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/20/22 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

Battery tools to raise and lower jacks/stabilizers has never been a issue in the 61 years I've been camping.
Guess I'm not camping in the right camp grounds to hear all the noisy annoying battery operated tools running early in a morning.
Noise bothering someone in a camp ground from a battery powered impact tool on a scale from 1 to 10 is about a 1..... maybe...JMO.


Well
Considering they didn’t have battery impacts when you started and only in the last 20 years or so has the average person had them. I don’t think your “1” on your 1-10 scale is accurate. They are far more annoying than that. Now put one in the hand of everyone around you and it becomes ridiculous. Just use a battery drill. Far quieter and everyone is happy!


Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!


time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/20/22 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

The next person I hear using an impact on their stabilizers im throwing their impact in the garbage or in a lake! [emoticon]

Please use a cordless drill!
I have a hand held impact cordless drill. Ryobi.

Has 3 settings. Clutch for torque limit on a screw, locked for wood/metal drilling, and impact for drilling in concrete.
Never seemed that load actually.

Now if you are talking a half-in drive 300+ ft-lb impact only gun to remove wheel lugs those are a bit louder. I have a Craftsman model. I would not bring this heavy tool camping. Yes it is a bit louder but would probably lift the RV off the ground before the noise was noticed.

I still prefer the hand crank for the stabilizers and the drill stays at home.

* This post was edited 05/20/22 10:44am by time2roll *


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 04/08/2002

View Profile



Posted: 05/20/22 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

The next person I hear using an impact on their stabilizers im throwing their impact in the garbage or in a lake! [emoticon]

Please use a cordless drill!
This attitude is why I do not use campgrounds. Cram a bunch of people together with no elbow room, and someone will have an issue about something with another.
I hate camping around people.... I have to put up with their BS in the city... I will NOT do it when camping. If I can see another camper, they are too close.




Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountryC CD/A 4X4 DRW



Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 04/08/2002

View Profile



Posted: 05/20/22 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

teejaywhy wrote:

Odd how some will rationalize annoying behavior as OK because it's less annoying than other more annoying behaviors.
[emoticon]
A true story:
My brother was on a scouting trip and needed a quick throwdown camp for the night. He drove off the highway on a dirt road across a sagebrush flat a few miles and was having dinner when a car appeared on the horizon. it got closer and closer, stopping about 50 feet away, and the fella started setting up camp. My brother walked over to him wearing his sidearm, and told him "If I wanted neighbors, I would not have camped here". The fella left in a hurry.

The point is, that if you want to camp near others... You gotta understand that someone will annoy you....Just as you are sure to annoy someone as well.


parcany

Arizona City

Full Member

Joined: 02/08/2010

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 05/20/22 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

teejaywhy wrote:

Odd how some will rationalize annoying behavior as OK because it's less annoying than other more annoying behaviors.
[emoticon]
A true story:
My brother was on a scouting trip and needed a quick throwdown camp for the night. He drove off the highway on a dirt road across a sagebrush flat a few miles and was having dinner when a car appeared on the horizon. it got closer and closer, stopping about 50 feet away, and the fella started setting up camp. My brother walked over to him wearing his sidearm, and told him "If I wanted neighbors, I would not have camped here". The fella left in a hurry.

The point is, that if you want to camp near others... You gotta understand that someone will annoy you....Just as you are sure to annoy someone as well.
Very well put. I agree.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/21/22 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

The next person I hear using an impact on their stabilizers im throwing their impact in the garbage or in a lake! [emoticon]

Please use a cordless drill!
This attitude is why I do not use campgrounds. Cram a bunch of people together with no elbow room, and someone will have an issue about something with another.
I hate camping around people.... I have to put up with their BS in the city... I will NOT do it when camping. If I can see another camper, they are too close.



Exactly!

goducks10

There

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/21/22 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I converted my Rigid impact driver to a gas powered tool using a 2 stroke weed eater motor. The battery version was just too slow. Apparently it's pretty popular as I usually get the one finger salute when leaving.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Drill motor for stabilizers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.