Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Idle/Drive Ratio

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious how my truck compares.

2015 Ram Cummins, just under 87k miles and I bought it new. I'm currently showing the following:

Idle: 95 Hours
Drive: 2736 Hours

How about you guys?
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB
43 REPLIES 43

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
MFL wrote:
^^ I would enjoy going for a beer with these Ram guys! Would be fun to do some bikin too, on or off road! I'm a bit far away though.

I witnessed two guys makin out (straight bar) one time. Ain't purdy, they were on more than beer though!

Jerry

Things that can't be unseen.

After seeing such a scene, Jerry's probably scarred for life. From what I've heard a lot of that kind of activity is common on the west coast.

Let me fix that for you....."LEFT COAST"
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
MFL wrote:
^^ I would enjoy going for a beer with these Ram guys! Would be fun to do some bikin too, on or off road! I'm a bit far away though.

I witnessed two guys makin out (straight bar) one time. Ain't purdy, they were on more than beer though!

Jerry

After seeing such a scene, Jerry's probably scarred for life. From what I've heard a lot of that kind of activity is common on the west coast.

Wow.

:R
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
MFL wrote:

Jerry

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
"Man we need to go have a beer sometime!"

MFL wrote:

Jerry

I'm down! But street bikes scare me. I'll probably never own one, because every fast one I've been on, I've tried to see how fast it would go.
I like my chances against dirt, stumps, rocks and snow better!

On that note, if I ever get time to ride, I'm wanting to get a dualsport. For now, all the motorsports are snow machines, but I could put the wheels back on the 450.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
MFL wrote:

Jerry

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

Jerry

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:

Even if you could zero out the idle hours on the dash, all this information is stored in the ECM. On many heavy and medium duty trucks, this info is not shown on the trucks gauges so our technicians have to plug into the ECM using Cummins Insite software on their laptops to gather this data for warranty.

Or more succinctly, a bunch of people saying stuff they are totally ignorant or misinformed on.

But never let a good question go to waste without interjecting some unreasonable nonsense to turn it into another "look how much I don't know" thread...

Man we need to go have a beer sometime!

And ya'll can blow kisses in each others ears and wink at each other. :E

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:

Even if you could zero out the idle hours on the dash, all this information is stored in the ECM. On many heavy and medium duty trucks, this info is not shown on the trucks gauges so our technicians have to plug into the ECM using Cummins Insite software on their laptops to gather this data for warranty.

Or more succinctly, a bunch of people saying stuff they are totally ignorant or misinformed on.

But never let a good question go to waste without interjecting some unreasonable nonsense to turn it into another "look how much I don't know" thread...

Man we need to go have a beer sometime!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
wanderingbob wrote:
On my 2014 Ram , if ya hold the button down you can zero those numbers and start all over ! Maybe ya'll are miss-understanding those gizmos ?

Say wut?
Ummm, no you canโ€™t โ€œzero outโ€ engine hoursโ€ฆ..
Lol.
Where would you even come up with something like this?

Musta red it on theze internetz.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
wanderingbob wrote:
On my 2014 Ram , if ya hold the button down you can zero those numbers and start all over ! Maybe ya'll are miss-understanding those gizmos ?

Say wut?
Lol.

Well you say they don't track hours well. I would think Ram would create a recall for something to fix an issue like that to prevent warranty fraud!

Can't think of a single passenger vehicle warranty that has been based off of engine hours, ever, but ICBW I suppose.

Now, wandering bob "could" have a defect where those hours "can" be reset, but if he does, he obviously doesn't know that is a problem in and of itself and seems to think it is a normal vehicle function.
Or he could be totally confused with the engine hours and the travel timer, or whatever they are called that you can reset and it clocks hours running.

I've seen a vehicles warranty voided when the truck was brought in for burning oil. Vehicle had less than 100,000 miles and 5 years and was used for a tow truck on a vehicle lot which meant the truck was never on the road. When the tech removed the oil pan as part of the diag the entire engine was sludged up and the dead give away was the truck had a ton of engine hours with very little actual miles.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ShinerBock wrote:

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
wanderingbob wrote:

Say wut?
Lol.

Well you say they don't track hours well. I would think Ram would create a recall for something to fix an issue like that to prevent warranty fraud!

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
rhagfo wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
wanderingbob wrote:

Say wut?
Lol.

Can't think of a single passenger vehicle warranty that has been based off of engine hours, ever, but ICBW I suppose.

Now, wandering bob "could" have a defect where those hours "can" be reset, but if he does, he obviously doesn't know that is a problem in and of itself and seems to think it is a normal vehicle function.
Or he could be totally confused with the engine hours and the travel timer, or whatever they are called that you can reset and it clocks hours running.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
wanderingbob wrote:

Say wut?
Lol.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"